JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Monitor M7 doesn't connect to Sonos Beam via HDMI ARC

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 08:11 AM)
userZ6BRlgBgSZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My Smart Monitor M7 doesn't connect to my brand new Sonos Beam Gen 2 via HDMI ARC. I'm assuming if everything is right, the soundbar should show up as a sound output device. 

After looking at various sonos and samsung forums, here's what I've already tried without any success:

• TV Settings: Connection > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is ON; Sound > Expert Settings > Digital output audio > tried both auto and PCM
  • Updated Samsung monitor firmware to the latest version
  • Restarted monitor, sonos, wifi
  • Removed all the other HDMI devices from monitor
  • Unplugged and plugged multiple original HDMI cables in ARC HDMI 1
  • Tried TV setup in Sonos app (it fails when testing ARC connection) 

Bought the sonos purely to work with my monitor setup. Please help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userZ6BRlgBgSZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well, I tried calling Samsung many times. I actually bought this in Europe and brought the monitor over to Singapore.

In typical Samsung fashion, they asked me to call the Europe call center, saying it was their problem. How do I tell them that the firmware is the same across all models 😞

Long story short, I had to buy a Chromecast with Google TV and plug my Sonos to the ARC on the monitor itself and now it works perfectly (which is sad since Samsung TV software should support it natively).

I'm guessing any Smart TV compatible AV (Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku etc.) receiver will work. If you're looking for Dolby Atmos, you might wanna check out if the apps on the AV receiver also support Dolby Digital, since not all apps are always compatible. For example - Chromecast supports only Netflix, and Amazon Prime for Dolby Atmos apparently; but Apple TV 4K supports HBO Max, and Disney Plus as well. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
RekkitRalph
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you ever fix this? I didn't think the monitor had HDMI Arc so I don't think it will work. 

userZ6BRlgBgSZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The M7 Smart Monitor actually has an ARC HDMI as well as a regular one. That's actually the reason why I bought it.

0 Likes
usermcMPY7FCiE
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I would be also interested a lot if this works or not!

0 Likes
Solution
userZ6BRlgBgSZ
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Well, I tried calling Samsung many times. I actually bought this in Europe and brought the monitor over to Singapore.

In typical Samsung fashion, they asked me to call the Europe call center, saying it was their problem. How do I tell them that the firmware is the same across all models 😞

Long story short, I had to buy a Chromecast with Google TV and plug my Sonos to the ARC on the monitor itself and now it works perfectly (which is sad since Samsung TV software should support it natively).

I'm guessing any Smart TV compatible AV (Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku etc.) receiver will work. If you're looking for Dolby Atmos, you might wanna check out if the apps on the AV receiver also support Dolby Digital, since not all apps are always compatible. For example - Chromecast supports only Netflix, and Amazon Prime for Dolby Atmos apparently; but Apple TV 4K supports HBO Max, and Disney Plus as well.