JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ViewFinity S65 Ultra Model number LS34C650TANXGO

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
GingerV
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

windows is unable to find my built in webcam. I have done all the updates and downloaded the device set up for this model and windows still gives me error code 0xa00f4244 no cameras are attached.

I can't even find the camera in device manager, updated settings for permissions etc. restarted open and close the pop up camera open close camera app, used window's troubleshooter.

I am at my wit's end! please someone help.

Ginger

0 Likes
15 Replies
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

According to your User Manual:

Connecting to Camera (Supported model: S34C65*V)
1 To use the camera and microphone on the monitor, press at the top of the monitor.
2 Launch the camera app on your PC.
‒ When you want to stop using the monitor camera, press to close the camera app on the
monitor.
The camera turns off automatically, and Windows and applications cannot detect the camera.
‒ If you connect this monitor using a laptop with a built-in camera, the laptop camera is set as the
default camera.
‒ To set the monitor camera as the default camera, disable the laptop camera from Device Manager.

This is assuming you have followed the User Manual instructions when connecting your computer to the monitor.

GingerV
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have already done all of that updates open close etc etc restart etc. the camera is not even showing in device manager even when it is pop up

Eddy_Ultra
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same issue. xa00f4244 no cameras are attached. 

GingerV
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Eddy has anyone provided you with help? I have not found a solution and am probably going to buy a webcam separately to use and just leave this built in closed as it is useless. I have tried everything to no avail. Please let me know if you find a solution.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm confused.  Samsung says the model in your topic line "LS34C650TANXGO" does not have a camera.

0 Likes
GingerV
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/uhd-and-wqhd/34-viewfinity-s65vc-ultra-wqhd-100hz-amd-...

I am sorry they also have the TC that does not have the built in webcam, I have the one above.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Can you see a mouse or keyboard if you plug them into the monitor?

0 Likes
GingerV
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

they are plugged into my pc

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

Try plugging one or the other into the monitor to see if the  pc can still see it.

"Functional test using a version 3.0 or later USB cable of the USB path and built in hub in the monitor."

0 Likes