JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What is the 5-year Warranty or TBW for 870 EVO SSD? Going in circles on website!!!!

(Topic created: 05-27-2023 09:06 AM)
userePf4uRplOv
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I don't know WHY the website makes it SOOO hard to get to the warranty specs for the 870 EVO SSDs.

Considering buying a 1 or 2 TB, and they put the 5-year on the product page, but the TBW (total bytes written limit) for warranty coverage is a "go-to-this-page" link that want my serial number like I aleady bought it. The chat doesn't retrieve it either. Why the mystery/ obfuscation???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userePf4uRplOv
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@ddaniel51,

Thanks for suggestion. 600 TBW. Googling it seems obvious in retrospect. Took longer to register and post here! Not lazy, just didn't think of it. Maybe the tone will make it stick.

@ Samsung,

Crucial puts full specs and warranty terms including TBW on their webpages for each SSD. Consumer-friendly. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

A 30 second Google search for the 870 5yr  warranty plus a search for the 870 series TBWs turns up  all the info you  could want without having someone else do  the searches and tell you about them.

0 Likes
Solution
userePf4uRplOv
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

@ddaniel51,

Thanks for suggestion. 600 TBW. Googling it seems obvious in retrospect. Took longer to register and post here! Not lazy, just didn't think of it. Maybe the tone will make it stick.

@ Samsung,

Crucial puts full specs and warranty terms including TBW on their webpages for each SSD. Consumer-friendly. 

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

I personally am not impressed with some of their actions seeming to lack any common sense in web and forum designs.

I made my thoughts known in several surveys and finally gave up after not receiving any feedback or responses.

0 Likes