JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What's the best 1TB SSD in terms of Value to every dollar i Spend?

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 09:19 AM)
davisdung
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

What are your guys suggestion, and whihc ones are you using, and for how long?

4 Replies
davisdung
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Also, how does Samsung SSD compete with others?

0 Likes
3Fees
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory
I have several SSD's 2 Samsungs 850 with 10 yr warranty, 840 and so on, right now in one of my laptops Samsung 860 1TB, been in use for several years. SSD'S have come down in price since the adoption of pcie drives, 860 or 870 should be right up your alley. Samsung provides operating system transfer software and Magician software for updates, etc.

Cheers
3Fees

0 Likes
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello davisdung ,

Samsung SSDs are some of the top selling SSDs on the market, but honestly, what are you planning to use the SSD for? Different models will be designed for different user types.

Depending on what your using the drive for, some models might be more bang for the buck.
For example, if you are mostly reading data and looking for the highest capacity for the dollar, for now, the 870 EVO might fit that bill - https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/870-qvo-sata-iii-2-5--ssd-1tb... 

0 Likes
Solution
davisdung
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Thanks 870 EVO feels like a very great match, I didn't know they offer such long warranties as well. And, in its league, it's offering a great price to value SSD ratio as well. I might go for the 2 TB option.