cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Camera not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After the latest system update on my Samsung Note 8 (Sept/Oct 2020) my camera will not work. I've also found that Youtube, Amazon shopping, Google Hangouts, flashlight, and Snapchat apps are also not working properly.  I have forced close the camera, cleared the cache and data of the camera. I have also wiped the cache partition, I have attempted to open the camera in safe mode without success as well.  Lastly, I did a complete reset to factory settings and the camera is still not working. The flashlight alerts that it is being used by another app.  And the other apps I mentioned will attempt to load but it's as if they freeze up.  I feel like the camera is being used in a background app and is frozen there but nothing I have done thus far has fixed it. Any other suggestions?? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Camera not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all possible troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend having a technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. You can visit a UBreakIFix repair center for further assistance. Just a heads up, if the device is currently out of warranty, you may be responsible for out of the pocket cost of repairs, if needed. Also, make sure your device is backed up before evaluation so you won't lose any important data.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all possible troubleshooting steps did not help, I recommend having a technician take a better look at the symptoms you are experiencing. You can visit a UBreakIFix repair center for further assistance. Just a heads up, if the device is currently out of warranty, you may be responsible for out of the pocket cost of repairs, if needed. Also, make sure your device is backed up before evaluation so you won't lose any important data.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
i have the exact same problem is there a salutation out there