Original topic:

A54 will reboot but never shuts down!

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 11:34 AM)
CyclingGuy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I recently got a Samsung A54 at the bad advice of a salesperson at the T-Mobile store. Worst phone that I've ever had. To turn it off, you are supposed to press volume down and screen off buttons at once. First, that takes a lot of effort to hold down both buttons long enough for something to happen. Then, the phone reboots. That's not what I asked for. I want it to shut down. Who would make a phone you cannot shut down? I can't undo the purchase, but I'm very sorry I got a Samsung phone. It's pathetic in so many ways. Is there a way to shut down the phone? Thanks.,

0 Likes
11 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can change that very easily,pull down the notification shade.
Press the power button iconat the top of the screen side button settings, press and hold, power off.

1708026886457.jpg1708026903973.jpg1708026903972.jpg
0 Likes
CyclingGuy
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How do you get that side button screen to appear? I don't see an option.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can you take a screenshot of your power off screen.

It is on the bottom, it says side button settings!

Ps. If you have additional questions, please press the reply button next to this post so I can get the message.
Not just this thread1708041527347.jpg
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What happened after you selected Power Off? Did you get the "Security policy prevents power off" error?
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Never heard of that?
0 Likes
KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Check if there are any device administrators that may be preventing shutdown. Live Demo Units have such features that prevent shutdown, you know.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It is not me that is having the problem!
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What?
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The volume down + power button combo is the reboot sequence. To shut down your phone first go to the phone settings > advanced features > side button and make sure press and hold power button is set to show the power off menu. Then simply press and hold only the power button and it will bring up the power off options.

Alternatively, just pull down the quick menu (swipe down from the top of the screen) and find the power off icon on the top right. That will also bring you to the power down options

0 Likes