JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Decline FedEx Shipment

(Topic created: 09-05-2023 08:44 AM)
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Have any of you ever declined a Samsung FedEx shipment? How did you do it? Note? In person?

I'm trying to decline a Fold5 delivery tomorrow, but FedEx isn't clear on the process.

6 Replies
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Be on the lookout for the package. You should have a delivery window so you're not just waiting all day. Your best bet is to meet the driver in person and verbally decline acceptance/signing of the package. The note method might be an option, but there is no guarantee the delivery driver would see/read it (or have confirmation that it was written by you).
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Well, it was supposed to be delivered today, but FedEx changed delivery this morning to tomorrow, and I'm not going to miss another day of work. I don't really understand how 2nd Day Air turns into six days, but whatever. Now I don't have enough time to try the new phone while I'm out of town this week, and will have just two days to switch everything over, try the Fold5, and return my Fold4 for trade-in credit. Not enough.

Anyway, I was lucky enough to see our FedEx driver in the neighborhood, and he said he'd be on lookout for my note, and would sign to decline on my behalf (which I authorized him to do).

Now, do you know if Samsung will issue a refund automatically when they receive the device back? Or should I advise someone?

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, the return process should be automatic because all your info is already in the packaging. I would let Samsung know this though, either by live chat or phone call, to be prudent. 

TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Will do. Thank you! 

MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices
TheRabbi, the best option is to download the FedEx app from the Google Play Store. Once you have signed up with the app you are able to track packages easily. Also gives you the ability to recieve notifications on shipping/delivery updates and also cancel a delivery/give special delivery drop-off instructions.
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you, but unfortunately, an order can't be canceled once shipped. And FedEx is very ambiguous as to how to decline a shipment like this.

0 Likes