Original topic:

Galaxy A55 5G Fingerprint Sensor Issues

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 02:08 AM)
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy A55 5G about a week ago. It's a decent device, but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the fingerprint sensor whereby it simply doesn't recognise any fingerprints. This is intermittent, sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

To give a little insight, this ain't my first rodeo. I've owned a plethora of Galaxy devices with in-screen fingerprint sensors and never had the same issue. Of course I've tried the usual, deleting and re-registering the fingerprints, even performing a full factory reset, but the issue remains. There is no screen protector fitted, hands are clean, screen is clean. Interestingly, a restart usually fixes the issue for a short while, but then after a time the issue returns. I did find an article somewhere that said resetting the accessibility settings would resolve the issue, but alas this is not the case.

It does seem like a software issue. Has anyone else encountered the same issue and, if so, do you have any advice?

27 Replies
lethcons
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Me too. I removed the fingerprints, re-registered ok, but just wouldn't recognise them. But I've rebooted and so far seems ok. I'll post again if it returns.

Mrutyunjaya Rana
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Even I am facing the same issue. Tried everything possible but the issue persists. Seems a software issue.

PLH588
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Likewise, only had it 3 days. The first time I scanned my print it worked for about 3 times, then stopped. Erased it and tried again, and again, and...... Now I can sometimes get as far as 45-50%, if I'm lucky, but mainly it's about 20% then it cancels and I have to re enter my code and start again. Tried reboot but still no luck. Never had this problem with the old S10. 

JiVi
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

yeah, every 72 hours sensor stop working

Mirco
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the exact same issue but I noticed that it's happening only with my right thumb - sometimes I can unlock without a problem, sometimes not at all. However, I can unlock my phone with my left thumb and both index fingers with almost 100% success.

Maybe the square shape of the fingerprint sensor and its weird misaligned placing relative to the sceen plays a role as well? My galaxy A52 has a circular sensor and I never had any problem unlocking there.

Fedex3000
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Same issue... I gave up for now. I hope it gets fixed.

0 Likes
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just a quick update. I checked for updates yesterday and there was an update available, so I downloaded and installed, and since then the fingerprint sensor appears to be playing ball. I'll see what happens over the next few days and update further šŸ‘

0 Likes
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

A further update on this. My fingerprint sensor has been working without issue since the update.....until today, and now all of a sudden it's working sporadically, even after a restart. Looks like I'll be returning the phone for replacement as it seems it's not fit for purpose.

0 Likes
Ivanski
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, exactly the same, it's clearly a software issue, its very annoying

0 Likes