Original topic:

Galaxy A55 5G Fingerprint Sensor Issues

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 02:59 AM)
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I received a brand new Samsung Galaxy A55 5G about a week ago. It's a decent device, but unfortunately I have encountered a strange issue with the fingerprint sensor whereby it simply doesn't recognise any fingerprints. This is intermittent, sometimes it's working, sometimes not.

To give a little insight, this ain't my first rodeo. I've owned a plethora of Galaxy devices with in-screen fingerprint sensors and never had the same issue. Of course I've tried the usual, deleting and re-registering the fingerprints, even performing a full factory reset, but the issue remains. There is no screen protector fitted, hands are clean, screen is clean. Interestingly, a restart usually fixes the issue for a short while, but then after a time the issue returns. I did find an article somewhere that said resetting the accessibility settings would resolve the issue, but alas this is not the case.

It does seem like a software issue. Has anyone else encountered the same issue and, if so, do you have any advice?

32 Replies
lethcons
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Me too. I removed the fingerprints, re-registered ok, but just wouldn't recognise them. But I've rebooted and so far seems ok. I'll post again if it returns.

Mrutyunjaya Rana
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Even I am facing the same issue. Tried everything possible but the issue persists. Seems a software issue.

PLH588
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Likewise, only had it 3 days. The first time I scanned my print it worked for about 3 times, then stopped. Erased it and tried again, and again, and...... Now I can sometimes get as far as 45-50%, if I'm lucky, but mainly it's about 20% then it cancels and I have to re enter my code and start again. Tried reboot but still no luck. Never had this problem with the old S10. 

JiVi
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

yeah, every 72 hours sensor stop working

Mirco
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

I'm having the exact same issue but I noticed that it's happening only with my right thumb - sometimes I can unlock without a problem, sometimes not at all. However, I can unlock my phone with my left thumb and both index fingers with almost 100% success.

Maybe the square shape of the fingerprint sensor and its weird misaligned placing relative to the sceen plays a role as well? My galaxy A52 has a circular sensor and I never had any problem unlocking there.

Fedex3000
Constellation
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Same issue... I gave up for now. I hope it gets fixed.

0 Likes
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Just a quick update. I checked for updates yesterday and there was an update available, so I downloaded and installed, and since then the fingerprint sensor appears to be playing ball. I'll see what happens over the next few days and update further šŸ‘

0 Likes
Dessieg73
Asteroid
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

A further update on this. My fingerprint sensor has been working without issue since the update.....until today, and now all of a sudden it's working sporadically, even after a restart. Looks like I'll be returning the phone for replacement as it seems it's not fit for purpose.

0 Likes
Ivanski
Astronaut
Options
A Series & Other Mobile

Yes, exactly the same, it's clearly a software issue, its very annoying

0 Likes