Original topic:

Is the Samsung Galaxy a54 5G a good phone to have?

(Topic created: 03-01-2024 09:44 AM)
Shawn91
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So, question. Is this phone a good phone to have? And, being a new Galaxy user, "crossing over from IPhone," I don't understand why I have to have both a Samsung Account AND a Gmail account on this device. Is it necessary??

7 Replies
Sarge2
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have 2 S23's and a A54 5g and I absolutely love the A54 5g.
For the price it is very close in having all the bells and whistles of the S23's plus it has a microSD memory card slot.
I would highly recommend it.
Tmobile
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
SAMSUNG GALAXY
0 Likes
Iamchaos13
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Most definitely. Both phones are almost Identical aside the chip. Most wouldn't even know the difference.
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It's a Samsung phone running on Android. Samsung account for the obvious reason. Google account for the Android reason. Welcome to the world of open source.

0 Likes
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Love my A-54 as well. Great phone. Especially after the Android 14 update.
0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

If you don't sign into your Google account, you will not be able to download from the play store or back up to the Google cloud, use Google services, Google Wallet.  If you don't sign into your Samsung account, you cannot download from the Galaxy store, save your phone backups to the cloud, do device diagnostics, use Samsung Pay, use Samsung Pass etc.  You could probably sign in manually as you need the services, but it's much easier just to have the phone signed in.

iPhone had one master, Android has Google, and Samsung devices need the Samsung services. Other manufacturers may have their own accounts you have to sign into, but for Android, you will always need Google regardless of phone brand.

0 Likes
Vidar
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I've had this phone for years, and have been happy with it.
Can't answer your question about having the two accounts, sorry
0 Likes