Original topic:

Help with HDMI connection on Samsung UN28M4500

(Topic created: 08-29-2023 02:28 PM)
SR1859
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello

I have an older Samsung UN28M4500 TV. Serial #:<HIDDEN>. I had been using my coaxial ANT IN port for my AT&T Receiver input, but I now need that for an antenna input. I am trying to use a 4K 60Hz HDMI cable from the AT&T Receiver to HDMI1 on the TV. I get a good quality picture but it's too small. Have tried everything that I can find using the e-manual. It can't find any newer Software version other than 1310. Did a Picture Reset. Soft Reset of the TV and all the Picture Size settings that I can find. Not as many options as more recent models. I reset the AT&T Receiver and tried all its resolution options. Any ideas of what I may be able to do to fix this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV not having the correct aspect ratio. I would recommend first seeing if there is a setting on your cable box to reduce the resolution to 1080p if it does not do so already as your TV is a 1080p screen and can not properly support 4k. If it does not, I would also recommend reaching out to your cable provider to help with the picture settings. 

Something else that you can also try is to zoom in by going to settings> Picture > Picture Size and select from there fit to screen. 

If this does not help then the only other thing I can think of is to make sure that it happens with every channel, It has been a while since I personally used cable but from what I remember some channels will be HD channels and others will be standard and will have different aspect ratios.  

If nothing else you can also call in direclty at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our remote management team to help also. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be a cause for concern with your TV not having the correct aspect ratio. I would recommend first seeing if there is a setting on your cable box to reduce the resolution to 1080p if it does not do so already as your TV is a 1080p screen and can not properly support 4k. If it does not, I would also recommend reaching out to your cable provider to help with the picture settings. 

Something else that you can also try is to zoom in by going to settings> Picture > Picture Size and select from there fit to screen. 

If this does not help then the only other thing I can think of is to make sure that it happens with every channel, It has been a while since I personally used cable but from what I remember some channels will be HD channels and others will be standard and will have different aspect ratios.  

If nothing else you can also call in direclty at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our remote management team to help also. 

0 Likes
SR1859
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello

I have an older Samsung UN28M4500 TV. Serial #: <hidden>. I had been using my coaxial ANT IN port for my AT&T Receiver input, but I now need that for an antenna input. I am trying to use a 4K 60Hz HDMI cable from the AT&T Receiver to HDMI1 on the TV. I get a good quality picture but it's too small. Have tried everything that I can find using the e-manual. It can't find any newer Software version other than 1310. Did a Picture Reset. Soft Reset of the TV and all the Picture Size settings that I can find. Not as many options as more recent models. I reset the AT&T Receiver and tried all its resolution options. Any ideas of what I may be able to do to fix this?

0 Likes