Original topic:

How to Turn off auto-detect HDMI

(Topic created: 02-02-2017 09:06 AM)
CNMark
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

How do you turn off the auto-detect HDMI feature? Sometimes my Apple TV comes on and then the TV automatically turns on as well but I don't want the TV to do so. How do you turn off this feature?

Thanks,

Mark

536 Replies
user51bMIzDEqH
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Oh man. I'm having real issues with this

I have the U.K. kS7000 and if I turn it on without the Xbox being on and switch to the Xbox I put it fires off all the xboxes in the room. This causes issues when my sons are playing and it turns them off !!

i now have to have the xbox on first no matter what I do with the tv to stop it happening. 

0 Likes
userPAGnGhWXr9
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I like the idea of auto switching to a device that has been turned on or activated in some way but Samsung should allow the user to enable/disable for each input.  Come on Samsung!  Put someone on this please?

userPAGnGhWXr9
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I suppose a workaround for the autoswitch issue when a pc is connected to an HDMI input and is turned on or wakes up is to never shut off your pc?  (what a lousy idea...for some)

Here's another glitch.  I renamed the HDMI3 input to "Computer" but it doesn't stick.

Probably because when the pc goes to sleep there is no signal so the naming defaults back to HDMI3.

Make us happy Samsung.  The customer is always right.  Please fix.

0 Likes
Sam Soong
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Problem solved without waiting on Samsung:

Bought myself an Aten VS481B HDMI switch for 50 euro (about 100 dollar) and it works like a charm.

Also gives me more inputs (the standard 3 HDMI inputs are very poor) for free.

And now I also have only one HDMI cable from the DVD/Humax PVR cabinet instead of 2 or 3.

I don't have to look at it, it is auto-switching, but not annoying like the Samsung TV.

0 Likes
Jettaus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have the same problem with TV not remembering the renamed PC input as well.

And yes, using a HDMI switch or an amplifier type of thing where you can plug in many inputs to get one output to the TV will definitely fix the problem, but that is extra money (and a decent amount) that needs to be spent when it shouldn't be required.

As an update, I received an SMS yesterday from the resolution team within Samsung that they are still looking into my problem. This is after the technician was sent to my house last week. Here's hoping a firmware update will be possible soon.
0 Likes
userqQpKORZYYz
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

You did not solve any problem you just found a workaround

0 Likes
userCsQu6awZbd
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I know this is two month late, but if you are still dealing with this I have one question do you have you Xbox connected to the ARC hdmi port? I had the same issue and pulled my Xbox off the ARC connection and put my x1 DVR on that port. Since the X1 stays on all the time the tv can't mirror its settings. Now my Xbox turns on and off separate of my tv.

0 Likes
userjW2n2hYY35
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

The issue happens even if you don't own a Xbox.

0 Likes
bobad
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Liked and commented on the Facebook remarks about this problem. Find it at

https://www.facebook.com/samsungsupport/posts/10154319491674080

Everyone should do the same. Make Samsung own their problem instead of blaming their paying, dissatisfied customers.
0 Likes
hixam
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Comment on Facebook done.
0 Likes