JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to watch antenna TV on my Samsung tab 6 lite or my S20 Ultra?

(Topic created: 08-10-2023 05:46 AM)
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have all Samsung devices and use antenna TV. Is there a way to reverse the process and watch antenna TV on my tab 6 lite tablet and S20 ultra? I've yet to find a solution to this. Can you help? My Samsung TV is a 43 inch 4K.
6 Replies
BlueSkies
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
When you say all Samsung devices, do you mean just your Samsung TV's or do you watch it on your Samsung phones too? I don't know how to watch it on the phone
0 Likes
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I presently watch antenna TV on my Samsung 4k TV. I am looking for a way to watch antenna TV on my Samsung tab and phone. There has to be a way to do this. It's basically casting your TV onto your other devices instead of casting your phone and tablet to watch on your TV (which is extremely easy.)
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Direct from the antenna no. But you can subscribe to a streaming service such as YouTube TV which provides local channels.
0 Likes
user0An7ADzb68
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Buy a Tablo device. It will broadcast your live TV over your wifi network. I watch mine on a S22 Ultra all the time. Amazon's FireTV recast also does this, but I think they have stopped selling it. I have my Tablo attached to an attic antenna and get all of my local channels over my wifi network.
0 Likes
userJWLv7pfVmi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I believe you completely misunderstood. Tablo is a DVR player for at least $150. I'm interested in my TV playing on my tablet or phone, free casting. Just watch from another room
0 Likes
Solution
user0An7ADzb68
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
My understanding is you want to watch live, broadcast TV on your devices. The Tablo and FireTV Recast are both essentially tuners that rebroadcast antenna TV over wifi, although they both offer some DVR capabilities (I use mine to skip commercials). The only other way I am aware of to do this is to buy a subscription to YouTube TV or Hulu services with the live TV option. For what you'd pay for those services, you could likely pay for one of the tuners many times over. I think there was a company offering streaming live TV in some metro areas, but they were sued and shut down. If you want to go this route, you may be able to pick one up on eBay or buy a refurbished unit from the manufacturer. Unfortunately, I don't think there are any smart TVs that will rebroadcast content directly to your devices. I hope this helps.