Original topic:

Remote not working and red light flashing

(Topic created: 08-29-2020 03:04 PM)
OCRFierce
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello.

Looks like I just fell into the same Remote ‘flashing red, not pairing, not available, tv turning on by itself in the middle of the night’ black hole I’ve seen posted about.  How frustrating!  I have read through the posts and tried everything, yet i cannot get any of the functions to work.  Everything has worked perfectly for over a year.  I’m so confused, please help.

I have UN65KS9500FXZA.

129 Replies
Diesel01
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
l have been having trouble with my remote. i have bought 2 replacement remotes that don't work either. i paired them with the tv. they will work volume and channel up and down plus power but no other functions work on any. can I get help or order a replacement remote straight from Samsung ?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please provide the model number for your television.

Diesel01
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
UN65MU6500
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Please cold boot the television using the following steps, using the original remote control.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

If you continue to have issues with your remote functions, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

0 Likes
Diesel01
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
thank you very much. my original remote is working now. the 2 replacement remotes don't work but at least the original is.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I am happy I was able to help.

0 Likes
usereBtRcyua30
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Perfect it worked. 

0 Likes
userioNKS7C3DL
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

This just worked for me.  With my tv off I pressed and held  the back button and volume up button for about 20 seconds. Turn tv on and everything works fine now. 

Thanks for the help. That was an easier fix for my 1 month old tv than I thought. 

user5a7cDKJ1ji
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

YES! it works thanks so much

0 Likes
userbPjkTX1wxx
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have a Q70R tv with original remote control

red light blinking and remote bot working, inly on and off. I have tried the different options to re-link the remote :

1. Remove batteries , 20 seconds on button, repkace batteries , back-plan at same time

2. vol up and back buttons at same time

Neither option working

3. Replace batteries

Help!

0 Likes