Original topic:

Samsung 8k tv Feedback.

(Topic created: 04-18-2024 07:48 AM)
101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

8k tvs are junk 7 of them in 1yr . Finally have my refund and purchased the LG-G4 .1st of all it blows the 900D away for one big reason. The LG HAS 8.3 MILLION PIXELS, SAMSUNG ONLY 1 MILLION GO FIGURE. The difference is fanominal. Samsung is Junk! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yes its 4k but more pixels for a way tighter picture more life like than any 8k plus 5yr panel warranty.  Samsung is **bleep** and I used to be a fan until 7 tvs fail and that's enough proof. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
19 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
You legitimately have no idea what you're talking about if you think that an 8k TV only has a million pixels
101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

That's samsung sats

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Sorry, this doesn't make sense. The 8K resolution, by definition, is 7680 Ɨ 4320 pixels, so that's 33,177,600 pixels. If a TV is 8K, that's how many pixels it has, no matter the brand (unless it has rounded corners or an uncommon aspect ratio which is common with monitors, but not TVs that I know of). 

Now, 7 TVs in one year is concerning, if I understand you correctly they all broke in some way? Was it the same failure? 

At the end of the day, I'm glad to hear you got your money back. Not commenting on the quality of the product, but that part is a good customer service, IMO.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

SammieG
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Isn't the LG OLED G4 4K? So why would an 8K TV have fewer pixels? And why would only Samsung TV's have less pixels?
Also, can you explain what happened to your 7 previous Samsung 8K TV's?
0 Likes
Solution
101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Yes its 4k but more pixels for a way tighter picture more life like than any 8k plus 5yr panel warranty.  Samsung is **bleep** and I used to be a fan until 7 tvs fail and that's enough proof. 

0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

@101Tim  

My friend, I think you're still not understanding. 4K and 8K refer to the pixel count, there is no physical way a 4K tv can have "more pixels for a way tighter picture more life like than any 8k", or it would not be 4K at that point. It's perfectly fine to like the image quality better, but it clearly has nothing to do with resolution, 4K vs 8K. 

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡

101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I know the math you don't understand samsung **bleep** pixel 8k

0 Likes
101Tim
Cosmic Ray
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

0 Likes