Original topic:

Samsung Dex troubles with connectivity

(Topic created: 09-07-2024 05:43 PM)
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I need help!!!! I cannot get my phone to connect to my projector. I have the proper projector and HDMI to type c cord. Samsung Dex does not help much. Please help

0 Likes
9 Replies
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Troubleshooting might help!

Does the HDMI cord work with other devices?
Does the projector properly read HDMI input?
Does the Type C cord work on other televisions?

Maybe that can help narrow down where the fault is.

----------

Some other things might help, such as checking your phone model. I know the A and J series do not come with DeX for whatever reason.

---------

It might be a small fault with your phones settings if not any of the other stuff

Enable developer settings
Go into Developer Options
Find Default USB configuration
Make sure Transferring files is selected.

Let me know if that helps at all!
0 Likes
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
It did not help:(
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Bummer.

A different route could be going intonsettings
Connected Devices
Samsung DeX
If your phone is hooked up, there may be a blue Start DeX button? Usually DeX should start up automatically but it might not for whatever reason.

Also, make sure "auto start when HDMI is connected" is on

If none of that works, it may be possible that your phone needs power as well....? What is your phone you're using?
0 Likes
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I did all those things with DEX, auto start Dex when HDMI is connected. There's not much I can do on Dex anyways I am using a Samsung Galaxy S23 ultra
0 Likes
cleverEyes
Halo
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Unfortunately that's all the ideas I have. Your phone should normally operate DeX just fine.

My final suggestions is to see if it works on anything else, like DeX4PC or wirelessly.

I wish you the best, I'm sorry I couldn't fix it.
0 Likes
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
It's okay, I appreciate all your time. Thank you, take care of yourself. Best wishes šŸ«¶šŸ½
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have Dex on my phone. I did the steps in developer settings and I still can't get my phone to display on my projector
0 Likes
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I will try that when I get home. I'm in church rn. But to answer about the projector, USB, and HDMI yes then are all compatible with eachother
0 Likes
Nando26
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have Dex on my phone. I did the steps in developer settings and I still can't get my phone to display on my projector
0 Likes