Original topic:

Stop adding apps

(Topic created: 03-25-2024 11:20 AM)
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Samsung please stop adding apps to my already small hard drive space on both of my samsung tvs. You have the apps as not being able to be Uninstalled & you are just wasting my hd space. I love your tvs as I also purchased the sound bar but I am unhappy with not being able to uninstall apps & the U.I on the smart tvs are horrible....sorry but it needs improvement. If you can make my galaxy phone U.I. so gorgeous then why can't you fix the dam smart tv U.I.?
15 Replies
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I'm almost at the point I'm going to sell my samsung products & move away from them. That includes smartthinga, phone watch, appliances, tv's.... get the hint samaung. Get back to quality. Any lawyers around. .. could a class action get them to delete the apps??????
0 Likes
mourti
Constellation
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

+1. My tv is so sluggish now coz I donā€™t have enough space coz of all the junk they keep installing

0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I'm at the point I'm ready to go apple & slowly replace my samsung products. I don't know who makes thier decisions for tv but they need someone new.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Go to the screen where your apps are listed and depending on the version of the Hub, you will see the Settings (Gear) icon at the top right by your avatar or all the way at the end of the installed app list (scroll to the end) 

Tapping on the Gear Icon allows you to either add to home, update and delete, move, reinstall etc. 

Deleting the app uninstall it and frees memory. 

The Settings icon is at the top in my M8 Monitor and at the bottom in my 2024 Neo TV

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
That only allows you to delete an app from the home screen but not from storage itself. Your not really freeing anything up. And to make things worse, Samsung has nomright to add an undeleteable app after my purchase.... they suck....simple
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

On both of my devices I can watch my free memory change when I delete the app.  Perhaps your have older TV's without this feature but it is definitely being deleted from my RAM do it is being uninstalled. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I have a q80.... not an old or cheap tv. Can I ask what tv you have that allows you to delete all pre installed apps? I can tell you removing an app from home screen is not deleting it out of your storage.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Deleting the Xbox app.  Free RAM increases after deletion as shown in the pics. 20240505_104929.jpg20240505_105031.jpg

Bill
---
0 Likes
All4dom
Nebula
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Yes i deleted Xbox butbi can't delete PBS kids, Netflix, Disney, get the jist?
0 Likes