Projectors & Other TVs

UN65MU6290

can't install Pluto TV from model above  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

before I could

did everything on website advisements

reset hub, reset tv, disconnected all cable overnight,

gives error 118

but did everything thing

Pluto was working before about 1 month ago, then it was gone.

i can install other apps xumo, fubo, plex, etc......

using external flash drive connected to tV , but was always able to install Pluto...

how to install Pluto on usb or direct ti samsung TV model ^^^^^^^^

thanks

9 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Make sure your tv has enough storage left and is connected to wifi correctly. Check it by running the smart hub test on tv. Then try using your Samsung smarthings controller and add the app that way if the tv still won't let you using the standard remote and tv app store
0 Likes
josegarciapc
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

yes have enough storage

using external 100 GB flash drive in usb in back of TV

before, I never needed to do that

I can nstall Plex, Xumo, Freefilm, etc on USB drive

before, I could also install Pluto, but not anymore

keeps giving 118 error

formatted drive to fat and nsft many times, but never had to do that .

did all resets and everything that is noted on youtube and googles, and now here

0 Likes
josegarciapc
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

never had to use

Samsung smarthings controller

to install Pluto app,

don't even know what that is .... Samsung smarthings controller 

I was able to install Pluto about a month ago, but not anymore,

also, was able to use tizen browser to watch spacex luanches, but not anymore

happened about same time

thanks, for any help

0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
I'm not exactly sure what happened. It still works on my Samsung TVs. And What is weird I have never been able to expand storage for apps or tv using a thumb drive. Just able to access downloaded photos and videos etc. I would assume one-day Pluto probably will download it again maybe the app is just having issues. What you could do if these issues don't resolve is just add a Ruku or Google Chrome cast they are cheap and easy to use
0 Likes
josegarciapc
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

make sure the usb drive is on HDD usb drive on back of TV, there 2  different usb on my TV

make sure yours is on HDD ,

but I never needed a USB drive connected before, don't know what happened

maybe I should switch the usb to the other connection, but still, never needed the external drive to download Pluto

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Thank you for the information I will definitely try it. I really think that Pluto will all of a sudden work. I had a similar problem once with vudu than after about 2 weeks it worked. Before I forget Samsung smarthings allows you to use your phone as a remote. When you reset your tv it should ask you if you want to set up your TV manually or using smart things if you do it using SmartThings it allows you to pick all the apps you want from the beginning setup menu I wonder if you did it this way if it would get Pluto downloaded for you this is what mine looks like si maybe that can be something you can try 😊 Screenshot_20230704_220439_SmartThings.jpg
0 Likes
josegarciapc
Asteroid
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

I have Smartthings on my Samsung 7 edge, but it won't let me open app

I never needed Smartthings to downlown Pluto

Also, before, on the Tizen web brower 2.0xxx, was able to watch youtube and flash videos, was

able to watch many spaceX launches, but not any more

My tv has latest firmware, but all of a sudden, nothing seems to work, it's an intermittent issue

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Projectors & Other TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with not being able to download the app. This can be caused by two things. The app was recently updated and can be experiencing server issues. Or the app was updated and could have dropped support for your  TV model. I would recommend reaching out to Pluto support for this issue as this is the only app you are having issues with. As for the web browser, most sites do not keep support for TV web browsers updated at all times as it is the least used browser compared to mobile and computers. 

Options
Projectors & Other TVs
Make sure you're logged in wirh your samsung account otherwise it won't let you download any apps also please crop your pic it shows more than enough for you to be hacked
0 Likes