(Topic created: 11-10-2023 12:41 PM)
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

IMG_8667.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

I have a 2018 - QLED QN65Q9FNAFXZA, I have an issue where any “Newer” device I connect to this TV via HDMI such as Apple TV or Amazon Firestick, the TV recognizes the connection but the input shows “No Signal”. I know it’s not an HDMI cable or input  issue because I’m able to connect an old Sony Blu Ray player via the same input and cable and it works perfectly. I’ve tried updating to an older version of the firmware on the TV but the TV won’t recognize the update since it’s older than the one currently on the TV(Atleast I think this is why) Has anyone experienced this? Any work arounds or fixes? Would be very grateful for some advice!

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

yup, I’ve tried all 4. Funny thing is, my old blu ray player works fine on it. So it’s definitely a decoding error like you mentioned. I almost want to believe the firmware update that loaded last was loaded with some sort of bug or not completed. Is there a way to reload the most recent firmware?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV Trying to reinstall the Firmware is unlikely to work. Your Samsung Television just can't decode the New HDCP unfortunately.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV An option of last resort would be to perform a Factory Reset on your Television.
0 Likes
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Was one of the first things I tried. No luck. I’ve tried this step countless times 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV I would be interested to hear back from you on whether you new Apple TV works on your older Samsung Television. Once you have verified that it does. Please post your findings here. Thank you!
0 Likes
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
  • It does 100%. I have three items I currently tried that work on my other 2018 Samsung. Firestick, Nintendo switch and Apple TV. None of these will display on this TV. The TV detects them when I connect them, but then I get the “no signal” message after set up prompts.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV

1. Unlug the Television from the A/C Outlet
2. Unplug all Connected Devices from the Television (Ie: HDMI, Component, USB etc)
3. Leave the power off and all devices disconnected from the Television for (5-10) Minutes
4. Plug the A/C Power Cord back into the Television
5. Connect your Apple TV into the Television and power it up

Once you have completed these steps please post your findings here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV What did you come up with in your findings?
0 Likes
RonnieTV
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

IMG_8676.jpeg

This is the furthest it goes, it detects the peripheral, in this case an Apple TV. Then it goes to “no signal” screen

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@RonnieTV Would you please let me the country you're in? This will help me to assist you further in finding you support through the proper Samsung Support Channels.
0 Likes