Original topic:

Apple TV gets No HDMI Signal

(Topic created: yesterday)
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Trying to connect my Apple TV 4K box to my new Samsung 85” Frame TV via the One Connect box. 
I’ve tried HDMI inputs 1-3.

The Frame recognizes the Apple TV box, but when I switch to that input, after a few seconds, I get HDMI Cable: No Signal.

Any ideas? 

Thank You.

9 Replies
meself
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Contact apple
0 Likes
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Yea, thanks for the response. Did contact Apple. Doesn’t appear to be their problem. Have tried this with two Apple TV boxes, one updated, one not, that work on other TV’s, but don’t work on this Samsung Frame. 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just want to make sure does this occur with any other device? Also have made sure that you are using a HDMI 2.0 cable? As only one port supports HDMI 2.1. As for the Apple TV I'm not sure which model you have, but this could cause some compactibility issues if using HDMI 2.1. Please let me know!

0 Likes
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Well,my Apple TV is the latest Apple TV 4K model using hdmi 2.1

one cable is labeled hdmi 8k, and the other is an Amazon basics hdmi high speed with Ethernet cable. Not sure if any of those are hdmi 2.1

but I have tried other hdmi ports on the frame.

are you saying Frame hdmi port 1 only accepts hdmi 2.1?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you for letting me know! No only one port supports HDMI 2.1, as the rest do not support it can cause issues as the other ports do not support HDMI 2.1. Does this occur with any other device?

0 Likes
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have not tried hooking another hdmi device onto the connector box. I guess that’s the next step. I don’t have another device so I’m trying to locate one I can use to test, like a small Blu-ray player. I’ll keep you posted. 

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! @33elvis Thank you for posting about this. Can you check the HDMI cable to ensure the HDMI cable is high-speed and properly connected? Try a different HDMI cable if possible to rule out a faulty one.  try restarting the Apple TV by going to Settings> System> Restart.  Also, you want to ensure that Samsung TVs firmware is up to date. Go to settings> Support> Software Update to check. 

Please let me know If this helps

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you for the response. 

. I have tried 4 HDMI cables

. Samsung firmware is up to date

. can’t reset Apple TV as I can’t access it. I will try that on another tv. 

also, I set the inputs to Input Plus on the Frame to support hdr 

0 Likes
33elvis
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

So, Tried resetting Apple TV box. Same problem.

Tried a second Apple TV Box. Same problem.

The Frame recognizes the Apple TV box on the initial scan.

Then says it is switching to the Apple TV Input

Then sends me back to the Frame home screen.

There is an Apple TV icon then for that input.

I click on it. 

The Frame screen says Apple TV.

Then after about 10 seconds, gives me the HDMI Cable: No Signal error.

Any ideas?

0 Likes