Original topic:

Failed to Save the Image to The Frame, Temporarily unavailable. Please Try Again.

(Topic created: 05-17-2024 11:13 AM)
CK12
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

When trying to add photos to my Samsung The Frame Art TV 55 from the Smart Things app on iphone 14 Pro Max, using a mat for 3 photos, I receive the message "Failed to Save the Image to The Frame, Temporarily unavailable. Please Try Again."

The photos will load and set to the frame individually, with a mat. It is only when trying to put more than one photo together on one mat that the issue appears.

The issue is present no matter the combination of pictures selected, including those that have been used in the past to do this same thing using the same process I am following now (creating a 2 or 3 photo mat image via the Smart things App and setting on the frame).

I've checked that both my iphone and TV are connected to the same wi-fi.

I've also connected my iphone to the TV via Bluetooth, so there's no connectivity issue between the app/iphone and the TV.

When calling support, they sent me instructions on how to add photos using the Smart Things app, which I clearly already know how to do and suggested it may be an issue with the pixel size.  If it were an issue with the pixel size, I would expect that adding the photos individually would also be an issue, but it is not.

7 Replies
Jameshca
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Am facing same problem here for frame 2022

keithm
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue here as well with a 2022 50ā€ frame

keithm
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I see that Samsung has not responded. Does Samsung monitor and respond in these forums to provide support or is this just an echo chamber for users? 

CK12
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have been wondering the same thing. No one from Samsung has responded here or otherwise.  

userYgdf4ZC4Ep
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Same issue for me
Aliciawillcalendar
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
  • I am in the same boat.  I have several multi-frame photos uploaded, but now after terming from a vacation to Italy and trying g to create a frame with 3 photos of statues, I get the ā€œfailed to upload photos to the frame. Temporarily unavailable. Try again later.ā€  WHY???  Just WHY???  This app is so much harder to use than the Aura frame I bought my mom.  I can upload pictures from anywhere.  I donā€™t have to be in my living room with my device.  I bought this TV to only be an oversized digital picture frame, and it has to be so **bleep** hard to use!  Ugh!  I thought it was a great solution to trying to not having enough space or money to frame & hang all the photos I love and want to enjoy.  However, I just end up frustrated every time I want to add photos!  Plus, letā€™s talk about the frame colorsā€¦ they are off.  Back is not black enough, green turns out a grayish beige, etc.  how on earth do high end art galleries use these?
0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
  1. Restart your television by unplugging it from the wall for about min or two. Try again, if that doesn't work please review the next steps. See if that helps:

2. You need to connect your phone to the TV in Bluetooth settings on your iPhone. It shows up on Bluetooth settings as the name of your TV, you pair it, it will ask to confirm pairing on your iphone with a code like it does for CarPlay and the TV will also ask for permission to pair, use the remote to approve it. That seems to solve the permissions issue that gives the Ā« Failed to save image to the frame Ā» issue on the SmartThings app.

3. If you have a lot of photos on your iPhone like most people do, when you click the button in the SmartThings app to add a picture to the frame, you need to leave it for a minute or two. The screen where photos appear looks blank and clicking around does nothing. After a couple of minutes all your photos show up

4. when you add a photo through the SmartThings app, donā€™t initially add the mat frame. Just upload the photo then press next. The next option will allow you to add the frame.

0 Likes