Original topic:

How to completely turn off the tv?

(Topic created: 8 hours ago)
tea_drinker
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi

When I turn off my tv with the remote button I think that the tv just goes to stand by mode and shuts the screen. But continues to operate in the background. I'd like to know how to completely turn off the tv.
I am concerned that this stand by thing may harm the tv electronics in the long run.
If I press the the remote button longer the tv  just fully restarts instead of turning off.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

@tea_drinker The designers wouldn't have created a standby mode if it would harm the TV. Some TVs recalibrate the screens during this time to eliminate/reduce image retention (burn-in). 

Srb79
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Unplug the TV from electrical outlet and problem solved.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello @tea_drinker! Thank you for reaching out! As @LongHiker said the standby mode is not harmful to the TV in the long run. But if you are wanting power down the TV completely the only way would be to unplug it or use a smart plug and turn it off that way.

realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
In most TVs theres a setting on its settings page to disable standby mode. It's not harmful to yhe TV to remain in Standby and has a negligible effect in your electric bill, but you should be able to turn it off. Either go through your TVs settings or read your manual.
0 Likes