Original topic:

Power on and off.....

(Topic created: a month ago)
userumRAXGqgAP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Aloha.

I have a wonderful Samsung TV that as of last as started acting up.

Power continues to go and off without ever getting to and actual screen. I see the 'red light' in the lower right hand corner coming on and off....on and off.....

I've tried a different power outlet and have tried removing power from the remote but when plugged in the TV respsond with the same 'on and off' cycle.

This forum helped me greatly once before when the power completely died with a loud 'POP'. I wonder if I might get some help again.

Model is: UN55MU6290F

Serial Number: 06XT3CNJB02790E

Thanks in advance

Mahalo

John

p.s TV is for sure out of warranty and was purchased at Costco

4 Replies
Maximus_Pryde
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue. Purchased a new one connect box to try to fix it. Same behavior. Powers up - I see “The Frame”, then powers off. There is clicking coming from the one connect box with each cycle. It powers on/off without me using the remote too.  I just had to unplug it from power. 

I just ordered a new one. The first one lasted 4 years. If it dies again not doing this any more!

is there a fix?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! @userumRAXGqgAP  Thank you for posting about this. I'll be more than delighted to assist you with this issue.  Can you power cycle and unplug it for 10-15 minutes to reset it? Check for software updates if the tv does turn on long enough, check to see if the software updates can resolve such issues. Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/

The last resort would be to factory reset if possible, navigate to the settings menu, and perform a factory reset. be aware that this will erase all personal settings and data on the TV. Here's a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/

Please let me know if this helps 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userumRAXGqgAP
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you for your reply:

I have had the TV unplugged for a long time as you suggested. When I turn it back on the screen just cycles briefly (2 seconds) on and then turn off...Then back on....then back off...

I can't access any settings because of this and the only way to turn off is by unplugging the TV.

Appreciate any other advice you might be able to offer?

Regards and thank you once again.

John

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

You're very welcome! Thank you for this information. Since the TV isn't staying on long enough to navigate through channels the next step would be to have a technician come out to take a look. Since the unit is out of warranty and you would like to receive quotes on service/labor from an Authorized Service Center near you, please visit:

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes