Original topic:

Q80B wont update firmware

(Topic created: 03-31-2023 02:01 PM)
user8icvGS3Q6Q
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

hi, I'm having an issue getting my tv to update past 1006 software version... I just purchased the tv brand new and when I update via internet it comes up with "no update available (http404)" and with the USB with multiple attempts at placing the file various way just stops at 50 % and says no update you have the latest version which is not true as I'm on 1006 and the current version available for my tv on the Samsung website is Version 1430.1   basically the only reason i purchased this tv was for the Dolby Atmos sound and the Phillips hue sync app which is not available on this software version 1006.6

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mat88888888
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I had the same situation. However after contacting Samsung and having a tech look at my tv, they explained the issue. Apparently the q80 model in question has variants with different motherboards. Mine was made in Mexico and has v1006.6. That is the latest software available for that motherboard. The downloadable file from the Samsung website has two folders inside the zip. Each containing an update meant for a different variant of the same model. It is, however, confusing to see them label the downloadable file as v1430.xxx. But after downloading it you should be able to verify the version downloaded as v1006 in the .txt file within the downloadable package. Of course you will also find the update for the other q80b version included in the same package. 

View solution in context

14 Replies
Members_O5WI7Lf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I'm seeing the same problem. I have another Samsung tv an q80t and it's on version 2004 (I think). I'm trying to fix tv from turning on automatically with HDMI anynet... Enabled.

0 Likes
Members_O5WI7Lf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Called place I bought the TV from and they sent out Techs and they didn't see anything wrong but said the problem with the TV turning on randomly is probably with my Yamaha receiver (seems like an excuse to me). They said they'll replace the motherboard and power supply just in case. In addition to the tv turning on automatically, I'm noticing that the sound through the receiver is inconsistent. Sometimes sound through the receiver doesn't work when I use any of the streaming apps through the TV like Netflix, SamsungTv... Other times I can hear the sound from my Fios STB and the Streaming app at the same time. The only reliable method for sound is from the TV speakers. 

0 Likes
Members_O5WI7Lf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Just to give an update: I did get a replacement Q80B and still can't update the firmware (it's stuck on 1006). But the new TV does not turn on by itself anymore as long as I disable Anynet for the connection to my Yamaha receiver. If I want to listen to the TV through the receiver I have to enable Anynet and disable it again when I'm done. Although, this is an inconvenience I'm willing to put up with it hoping it gets fixed whenever the firmware issue gets resolved. 

0 Likes
Scoooter
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue. I purchased a Q80B tv last month. I had the same issue. Tv would not update over wifi, lan or usb. Samsung logged into my tv and couldn’t figure out. They sent a local tech to look at the tv and couldn’t figure it out. Tv was returned to where I bought it and the new one just arrived. I just set up and the same problem arises. Hopefully someone at Samsung responds to this post. Clearly there is a connection issue and Samsung needs to resolve. The tv is great otherwise but this will be a deal breaker if they don’t resolve. Honestly I’m just going to get a different brand if they don’t resolve.

0 Likes
BastGaux
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same.

Problem.

Here.

Just got my 75" Q80B 4 days ago. Firmware is 1006 and Samsung website states there's 1430.1 which I downloaded, unzipped into a USB flash drive root after trying practically everything else - it only says "you have the latest firmware bs..."

No luck.

This problem is on top of the HDMI eArc not working which defeats the purpose of having a home theater which used to work flawlessly with both my Sony and LG TVs. I got the latest certified HDMI 2.1 cables and they don't help. 

Tried online support, they'll send in a technician in a couple of days but hearing your horror stories, I'm now expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

Right... 😞

0 Likes
Rickets
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Gonna reply to this even though I have the q70a. Pretty much the same story. Bought this tv a couple of months ago. Have the same problem updating to latest FW. I even returned and bought the same tv again. I talked to support even had a tech look at my tv. Was about to have the motherboard swapped out, but the tech support told me I was still in my return period. So I returned it then bought it again. I have the same problem with the 2nd tv. Called support again. Got a call back from a samsung tech support and he told me after I told him my serial number that due to the chip shortage during the pandemic they used different chips which created a different platform. So updates are not catching. He told me he reached out to their engineering department and he is waiting for an answer to this problem. This was about a month ago. I'm still waiting to hear from him. Probably call him within the week to see if there is any update. Very frustrating. Will update if I hear anything.
Members_O5WI7Lf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks, for sharing and not very encouraging for those of us in this situation. I just exchanged my Q80B for another one and I'm thinking the same thing that the new one will have the same problems as the old one.  If it does and Samsung isn't offering any good news then it seems the only option is to exchange for a different brand.

0 Likes
user8icvGS3Q6Q
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The best I've gotten from Samsung is about 10 different people asking for my exact model number and serial number. Which the one I gave it to who did the remote assistance said I'm just gonna have to wait til they fix the updates and it auto updates at that point.  No time frame on when this will happen though sadly

0 Likes
Members_O5WI7Lf
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The fact that they can't give a time frame is concerning that the problem must be pretty bad. I wonder if it's possible that the sets with this problem can never be updated without some type of hardware repair? 

0 Likes