JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q900R 8K TV and firmware upgrade 1372

(Topic created: 11-14-2020 05:15 PM)
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The TV was well incorporated into my home theater setup before this update.

I have a Oppo bluray player  plugged into a Denon 8K Receiver. The receiver WAS sending an 8K signal to the tv's hdmi  Port 4.

(picture=Sweet / Sound=ditto). It WAS a amazing home theater  experience.

.....Then the firmware was updated to version 1372.

The TV no longer accepts an 8K input signal.

Words fail me.

Grrr.....

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We're sorry to hear that! Please provide the full model code of the television so that we can best assist.

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for the prompt attention to this vexing situation.

The full model number is QN75Q900RBFXZA.

i certainly hope you can resolve this

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks! What resolution are you currently getting to the television? Are you able to get 8k by plugging the Blu-ray player directly into the television?

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks for the quick response:

The input resolution maxes out at 4K (enhansed)

As for plugging the Bluray player into the TV directly for an 8K signal, Oppo (nor, any other manufacturer) never produced a 8K Bluray player.

4K is the max.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I understand. Is your receiver upconverting? Have you checked the settings to ensure that it is still doing so?

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The Oppo Bluray Player is sending out a 4K signal to the Denon Receiver, which while also allowing "pass through" sends a 4K signal to the TV.

Denon receivers apply video processing to the signal (which I have disabled and enabled to see if it had any effect) and the bottom line is a 4K signal is sent to the TV's Port 4.

After the 1372 firmware upgrade removed the TV's ability to accept a 8K signal, I tried other ports  to no avail.

And yeah, the TV rejects an 8K signal by allowing it for a few moments, only to go blank with a spinning wheel of sparkling dots and then announce that "The currect resolution is unsupported".

I'd be happy to reset the TV back to the last firmware version (if that is at all possible).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Unfortunately, firmware cannot be rolled back. I'm a little confused as to what you're trying to accomplish. What 8k content is being sent to the television?

0 Likes
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Denon, the maker of high end Theater receivers produced a  version for 2020 that is upscaling ANY video signal plugged into it to  8K.

I own one.

As mentioned in my original post, I have my Oppo Bluray player plugged into it.  The receiver takes the Bluray player's 4k signal and upscales it to 8K. 

My Bluray disks, DVD's, Video clips are all played on my Oppo.

Up until this morning, when this upgrade too effect,  port 4 of the TV accepted the 8k signal and displayed it. (it is, after all, an 8K TV)

Now it is an 8K TV that doesn't accept 8K signals, only 4K.

I would like a return of the functionality I enjoyed until this morning.

Please speak with a someone with the tech skills to accomplish this simple request.

thanks in advance

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

My apologies for the confusion, I asked about the upscaling and you stated you were using passthrough sending a 4K signal to HDMI 4 of the television. Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

0 Likes