Original topic:

QN65Q7OAAFXZA

(Topic created: 08-09-2024 01:55 PM)
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Purchased in April/May of 2021 and has already developed a shaded ares just off the center of the screen. Of course it's out of warranty already which is very disappointing being the fact of how much you pay for these QLED, 4K tv's! I think I'm headed back to Sony so I know I'll get a longer lasting product. Samsung does make beautiful tv's, now they have to work on longevity, this tv should not of had any problems for at least 5 yrs or so, but in only a little over 2 yrs is ridiculous. Here are a couple of pics showing the problem hoping Samsung could possible come to my rescue in good faith.

The shaded area if right off the center of the screen, from top to bottom.
0 Likes
5 Replies
PAHelper
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Looks like a backlight issue. Should be cheap to repair. If your handy you could replace yourself.
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I would if it's really easy but with this rv, I don't like messing with it because of how expensive the set was. Still, I will switch back to Sony because they give you a longer warranty period than Samsung, I believe. Never heard of having a backlight issue so soon in a tv's life, it's just too soon that it's havin this kind of problem that Samsung is not even entertaining to help me with it. It's just not right! I'll have to see about doing it myself and wish you lived in NC so you could show me how easy. I appreciate your response and letting me know the info, thank you sir, stay safe and take good care.
0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I just don't have the qahones to undertake takin this set apart for the sake that what I paid for it and something probably would go wrong with my luck and don't believe I should shoulder the cost of doing that so soon it this tv's life, does anyone think that it should be on me so soon??
0 Likes
MattyDaddy76
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Ugh. I feel your pain! We had one Samsung 43ā€ tv go bad like I think 6 months after purchase in 2012 or so.. it took almost 2 months just to get it serviced/looked at by a local samsung authorized tv repair and the bill to fix the board was around $300 for a $400 tv (at the time). 

that said, after having multiple Samsung TVs all throughout the house for years, I can say their reliability is generally pretty good. However, the one thing Iā€™ve noticed after getting REALLY into HT the past few years, when it comes to Samsung, if itā€™s not a neo-qled or OLED, the quality especially for the price just isnā€™t there anymore. The Q70 is an edge-lit panel I believe and most likely an VA style panel and prob not even worth paying to fix. Sorry. šŸ˜• 

there is however a bunch of how to - YouTube videos and online repair tutorials on how to open and fix your lcd tv. Literally the hardest thing about opening that tv up is to get the super funky clip system for the back panel off.  If you can find what style clip system you have, there should be a tool to make it super easy. 

also, the back plastic of these TVs is usually just one big piece of cheap plastic but it is completely separated from any and all delicate objects of the actual tv. So realistically, if you can learn how to ā€œunclipā€ the back plastic, you might be able to get a look at whatā€™s going on (looks like a burnt led or two). Fixing that is a whole different level tho. 

Watch this when you can to see how it all works:

0 Likes
MrAntPerky
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Just kinda hoping, thru the kindness of the Samsung empire, that they could enter into repairing my set because they want to be known and are a good and fair company, etc. But I don't think they will even notice or bat an eye in my direction regarding this matter. It will just change my opinion on whether I will ever buy another Samsung TV going forward, that's all. They make fantastic electronic equipment made to fit into and help in our daily living and lives, but a simple matter like this should get some kind of consideration, that's all. Stay safe, everyone.
0 Likes