JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Model QN85Q70RAFXZA smears colors after streaming?

(Topic created: 11-07-2023 08:41 AM)
se3388
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Sometimes after streaming (not always) from Amazon Prime,  Paramuont+ etc. etc. the colors are smeared, sort of looks like Picaso. After turning it off for 15 minutes or so it shows a normal picture. I checked for updates but it said it is up to date. I am not running a home theater system or sound bar just the  tv.

Steve...........

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the suggestions from @JBTechfanatic did not help I would recommend also seeing if this is occurring on any other devices in your home. Also, would recommend doing a speed test of some sort to make sure you are getting your ISP speeds that you purchased. 

After that then this will require service, 

you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
Hi Steve! Hmm... That's interesting! I've personally noticed when I either go to connect to my television with Samsung DEX or Samsung Smartview. I too see that my screen seems to have a scrambled partially cached screen from my last session in either Samsung DEX or my Samsung Smartview session. It does appear to resolve itself on it's own.

Have you too noticed this as well. I'd be interested to hear if this is happening to you too! It is interesting that it happens to me on my television as well. Although my television is a different model and firmware than yours is likely.

I'm going to see if there is a Firmware update for my TV. I'll reply again with my findings.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
I did check to see if there was a firmware update for my television. I didn't think it would have been likely. But, it was worth a shot!
0 Likes
se3388
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Not sure what Samsung DEX is so I'm not sure if I have ever used it. I am not Tech savy.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
No worries! You can try doing this!

1. Press Settings on your Television Remote
2. Navigate to Support Tab
3. Self Diagnosis
4. TV Device Manager
5. Clean up!

You should have the option to Clean System Memory, Clean Running Apps, and Manage Storage

Youcould be experiencing low Memory or Low Storage on your Television. Try that out as well. It's worth a try!
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
What I think is the problem is your internet connection. What happens is the bandwidth drops even slightly and the picture looks awful. When you go from one app to another the tv is still hanging on to the bandwidth in the other app. You can go to a input method then click settings then support the run device care. As far as you connection goes. Hardwire using eternet when possible. Go to your modem and router first unplug your modem for a full 60 seconds plug it back in let it boot up once fully booted up do the same thing to your router. If you have a home where you are streaming multiple devices make sure you have a high quality router with an internet speed if possible of 100 or better. Logging into your router doing a channel analyzer to make sure you are on the best Channel with the least interference is a great idea to help your experience. Whenever possible I recommend having gig or better internet service from your provider. With a router that has minimum of two bands. Whenever possible be connected to your 5 GHz Network this is more robust and will provide better speeds. Hope this information helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
@JBTechfanatic Excellent suggestions! I'd recommend try that too @se3388
se3388
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I will give that a try and keep a watch to see if it is fixed. Thanks for the help.

Steve.............

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the suggestions from @JBTechfanatic did not help I would recommend also seeing if this is occurring on any other devices in your home. Also, would recommend doing a speed test of some sort to make sure you are getting your ISP speeds that you purchased. 

After that then this will require service, 

you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

se3388
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I tried all the info suggested above but it happened again.20231108_203202.jpg20231108_203214.jpg20231108_203257.jpg

0 Likes