JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watching movies via HDMI without a lag

(Topic created: 01-10-2024 12:10 AM)
rhysspinner
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi, I often watch movies stored on my laptop (mpg4's) via an HDMI cable onto my samsung Frame. The problem is there is usually a lag between the video and sound so the people arent talking in sync which makes watching movies frustrating. I thought film mode or game mode might help but they are always greyed out. Is there any way to play movies via hdmi without the lag.

Thanks

Rhys

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your videos lagging like this. I would recommend trying a new HDMI cable first. After that Make sure the TV is updated to the most recent update available. 

If this does not help try this on another TV to see if this still occurs to make sure it's the TV and not the laptop. If it still occurs on another TV please reach out to Microsoft as there may be a Windows setting that you can change. 

Another thing that you can try is to see if its only occurs on the downloaded movies or if it occurs with any streaming service. It may be an issue with the file format.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your videos lagging like this. I would recommend trying a new HDMI cable first. After that Make sure the TV is updated to the most recent update available. 

If this does not help try this on another TV to see if this still occurs to make sure it's the TV and not the laptop. If it still occurs on another TV please reach out to Microsoft as there may be a Windows setting that you can change. 

Another thing that you can try is to see if its only occurs on the downloaded movies or if it occurs with any streaming service. It may be an issue with the file format.