Original topic:

samsung smart calibration

(Topic created: 07-11-2023 04:32 AM)
rvk50
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello,

Ihave a Samsung 65QN800B and want to use smart calibration.  And i have a Samsung A54, but smart calibration does not show up on my telephone. Is registred my TV with my telephone, but it does not work.

Is there anything i did wrong or forgot or is smart calibration not possible with my Samsung A54 telephone.

Thankx.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be concerning with not being able to use the smart calibration on your phone and TV. I would recommend first trying the things below. 

If this does not help then I would recommend going to our smart things community for more help using the following link: https://community.smartthings.com/

Ensure that you have first connected your TV to the SmartThings app. Follow the steps below to register your TV on the SmartThings app and start Calibration.

1. Open the SmartThings App on your pho

2. Tap on your TV. (Ensure that your TV is already connected to the SmartThings App)

3. Tap on Smart Calibration

4. Choose the calibration option that is available on your TV.

Basic Mode: Quick & simple picture quality adjustment within 15 - 30 seconds.

Professional Mode: It optimizes more details of the picture for that is on par with professional level in about 5 to 8 minutes. It is recommended to use a tripod within a dark room condition for more accurate picture calibration. 

Note: Basic & Professional Mode are available on select 2022 & 2023 TV models. 

5. You will be prompted to place the rear camera of your mobile device 1 - 3cm from the white rectangle area on the display device screen and select Start. Then, hold your mobile device for more accurate results and wait for the calibration to finish.

Note: For Professional Mode, it is recommended to use a tripod within dark room conditions for more accurate picture calibration. It takes around 5 - 8 minutes or more.

6. After Smart Calibration is completed, you can compare the before and after calibration then select Done. After calibration, the existing Picture Mode is changed to Movie (Calibrated).

Note: If you want to return your TV before the Smart Calibration, go to the following path to reset: Settings > All Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset Picture

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I can see how this can be concerning with not being able to use the smart calibration on your phone and TV. I would recommend first trying the things below. 

If this does not help then I would recommend going to our smart things community for more help using the following link: https://community.smartthings.com/

Ensure that you have first connected your TV to the SmartThings app. Follow the steps below to register your TV on the SmartThings app and start Calibration.

1. Open the SmartThings App on your pho

2. Tap on your TV. (Ensure that your TV is already connected to the SmartThings App)

3. Tap on Smart Calibration

4. Choose the calibration option that is available on your TV.

Basic Mode: Quick & simple picture quality adjustment within 15 - 30 seconds.

Professional Mode: It optimizes more details of the picture for that is on par with professional level in about 5 to 8 minutes. It is recommended to use a tripod within a dark room condition for more accurate picture calibration. 

Note: Basic & Professional Mode are available on select 2022 & 2023 TV models. 

5. You will be prompted to place the rear camera of your mobile device 1 - 3cm from the white rectangle area on the display device screen and select Start. Then, hold your mobile device for more accurate results and wait for the calibration to finish.

Note: For Professional Mode, it is recommended to use a tripod within dark room conditions for more accurate picture calibration. It takes around 5 - 8 minutes or more.

6. After Smart Calibration is completed, you can compare the before and after calibration then select Done. After calibration, the existing Picture Mode is changed to Movie (Calibrated).

Note: If you want to return your TV before the Smart Calibration, go to the following path to reset: Settings > All Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Reset Picture