JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

2022 Frame TV - No Motion Sensing & Opens to Art Menu

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 09:28 AM)
usercGedXZmBx7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've had nothing but problems with this Frame TV.  The latest issue is that the motion sensor stops working and when I turn the TV on, it opens directly into the art menu instead of my HDMI input.  Here are a few details:

When I power the TV off, it enters art mode like it's supposed to.  But I've noticed that it started saying "downloading content" for a moment before my art appears (it didn't do this before the motion issues arose).

The TV remains in art mode for 5 minutes before going to sleep, per my settings.  Once it's asleep, it never wakes up, regardless of any kind of motion.

When I use the remote to turn the TV back on, it opens in art menu, which is incredibly annoying because you have to maneuver around to get back to the regular HDMI input.  Every single time.

The only thing I've found which fixes this is a full factory reset, but then the problem appears again after about a week or two.  When looking at the history log on the menu, I noticed there are entries titled "IP Configuration" around the time this starts happening.  Not sure if that's related or not.

If anyone else is having this issue and found a solution, I'd love to hear it!

Sidenote, even when the motion sensor does work, it constantly registers motion and activates the TV even when there's nobody in the room.  I may have a bad sensor.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usercGedXZmBx7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

UPDATE:  I went back into the Art Menu and re-selected my artwork.  The motion sensor works again, and the TV no longer takes me to the art menu when I turn it on (it displays the appropriate HDMI source).  Also, I noticed it no longer says "downloading content" when entering art mode when I turn off the TV.  I'm still not sure what triggers this problem, but this seems to be the fix for now.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
usercGedXZmBx7
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

UPDATE:  I went back into the Art Menu and re-selected my artwork.  The motion sensor works again, and the TV no longer takes me to the art menu when I turn it on (it displays the appropriate HDMI source).  Also, I noticed it no longer says "downloading content" when entering art mode when I turn off the TV.  I'm still not sure what triggers this problem, but this seems to be the fix for now.

0 Likes