Original topic:

Brand New One Connect Box SOC1001A Failed out of the Box

(Topic created: 01-05-2023 07:05 AM)
homenetav
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

Well, it's very weird and frustrating. I bought 2 Frame TV's for a custom build. and BOTH one connect boxes do NOT power on! No Red LED on Optical port. These were both Brand New Units, and they both failed.  Of course they are both out of warranty, as I have to wait until the homes are built. How frustrating. My guess is the slow blow fuse, blew, but that might mean that the power regulator circuit has a faulty MOV, or current does not drop fast enough?

Anyway, I'm now stuck with two very expensive screens that I cannot install for my customer.

Both TV's use the same Box as listed above.  I truly believe that Samsung does not test thoroughly their power supplies randomly to get better QC.?

Thank You 

Please Advise 

IMG-3268.jpg

IMG-3269.jpgIMG-3271.jpg  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your one connect not working. This is something that will require service. You will have a couple of options based on the warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be frustrating with your one connect not working. This is something that will require service. You will have a couple of options based on the warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes