JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Burning One Connect Box

(Topic created: 02-14-2024 03:02 PM)
td42
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Recently I came home and my Frame TV (2022) would not turn on. After trying to restart it several times and calling service, I noticed that smoke was coming out of the back of the One Connect box and immediately disconnected everything.  As you can see in the picture, the PCB was burning up near the One Connect port.  Is this a known issue? It seemed like this would have kept burning until the whole thing was on fire if I had not disconnected the box.

The unit is a couple months out of warranty and I could not get service help without paying for an onsite visit.  Is it likely that this is a problem only with the one connect box, or also a problem with the one connect cable and tv box?  I could not find any signs of damage with the cable.

One Connect box model: SOC1001B

IMG_0335.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Oh my gosh! I'm glad it didn't start a fire! This needs to be looked into; please send any of the mods here a private message with the TV's full model code and serial number.  If you feel uncomfortable providing that information, you are more than welcome to call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864). 

View solution in context

7 Replies
James-A51
Explorer
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yikes...something may have shorted to ground there based on that photo alone did anything spill onto the one connect box or was there any signs of liquid on the one connect box?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Oh my gosh! I'm glad it didn't start a fire! This needs to be looked into; please send any of the mods here a private message with the TV's full model code and serial number.  If you feel uncomfortable providing that information, you are more than welcome to call 1-800-SAMSUNG (1-800-726-7864). 

td42
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Nothing that I know of was spilled on the box and I did not see any signs of moisture.  The top board of the box looked pristine.  

0 Likes
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
It looks like there USED TO BE an IC in the burnt spot.
0 Likes
James-A51
Explorer
Options
QLED and The Frame
Must had been a control IC chip that internally failed inside the OneConnect box....yikes though repairable by someone who maybe able to repair the bad IC Chip with a compatible one
0 Likes
picklerick94
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yep I just said that.
0 Likes
James-A51
Explorer
Options
QLED and The Frame
Yikes....I hope you are alright