JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Neither Disney+ nor Hulu will play video on QN90B

(Topic created: 09-01-2023 04:10 AM)
molinus
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This applies to both Disney+ and Hulu: The menu content is fine, and you can scroll and select videos, and you can even click Play.  But the screen goes blank and after a couple of minutes an error appears.  I have installed the latest Samsung update on 8/31/2023, and I have reinstalled both apps (they are built-in, so you can't delete them), power cycled, etc., all to no avail. 

All other apps work fine on the QN90B.

Both Disney+ and Hulu work flawlessly on my Samsung Galaxy 23, my PC, Mac and Chromebook - the problem is only on this TV.

Hulu Error Code: P-DEV320.

Disney+: no error code.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey there! I totally understand how this can be frustrating and am delighted to assist you 🙂 I was able to find a troubleshooting link that should be able to correct the issues: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/

If the above link doesn't help though, you would need to reach out the app devs themselves to see if they've got an update or something on their end.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

@molinus This may sound pretty basic and you may have done it already but have you unplugged the TV (disconnected from AC) for a minute or two and then plugged it back in? 

We had a similar issue with a different brand TV. Could navigate menus but trying to watch video ended in a black screen or scrambled video. No error codes. Disconnecting the TV from AC for a couple of minutes resolved the mystery issue. 

0 Likes
molinus
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks for the tip - I unplugged for 20 minutes, unfortunately to no avail.  The problem is unique to Disney Plus and Hulu, on this TV - all other apps and channels have no problem.  My fiber internet averages between 50-100 Mbps, so no trouble there.  Since Disney Plus and Hulu play fine on my other devices, whatever properties or configuration Disney Plus and Hulu have in common in relationship to this TV's operating system, is the problem.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey there! I totally understand how this can be frustrating and am delighted to assist you 🙂 I was able to find a troubleshooting link that should be able to correct the issues: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003027/

If the above link doesn't help though, you would need to reach out the app devs themselves to see if they've got an update or something on their end.

0 Likes
Nickdawg41
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame
I have the exact same issue on a QN55. Everything was working fine until 9/24.

Hulu loads and I can scroll through the titles, loading bar pops-up, and 30 seconds later I get an error code.

Disney+ I am unable to even get into the app. The splash screen displays and does it's thing, and then I'm met with an error.

I have tried the following: bounced networking equipment, reinstall the apps, reset the smart hub, reset the entire TV, made sure FW was up to date, made sure apps are up to date, but the issue persists. Both services are working on other devices in my home.

Hulu error: P-DEV313

DISNEY+ Error: 1026 - AUTH_SERVICE_INIT_FAILIRE

Any assistance is appreciated! 😊
20230928_083641_1000003846_1695904604.jpg20230928_083427_1000003845_1695904469.jpg
0 Likes