JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No Longer Seamlessly Displaying Art Mode with Apple TV 4K

(Topic created: 07-14-2023 06:28 AM)
david_weinberg
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

In the last few weeks, Samsung updated the OS to the Frame TV and a function that I regularly used is no longer available. I'm writing in hope that someone can suggest a workaround (or if Samsung engineers read this, to bring the function back).

I have an Apple TV 4K media streamer for my Frame 55" 2022 TV. I'm assuming that other media streamers such as Chromecast, Roku, etc. would have a similar behavior that I am getting now post-OS update.

Prior to the update, I would be watching TV using the Apple TV 4K steamer, conclude for the evening, power off the streamer with the Siri remote, and the Frame would instantly go into the Art Mode and display artwork for 30 minutes (my settings) before the Frame would go to sleep. Post upgrade, I power off the streamer (Apple tells me the streamer goes to sleep, not powering off), but instead of the Frame displaying artwork, it is searching for a media source:
IMG_1823.jpg
My only recourse now is to use the Samsung remote and manually navigate to the Art Mode and select the artwork, a multi-step process.

Is anyone else who is using a streamer experiencing this, and do you have a workaround?

Thanks,
David
JUMP TO SOLUTION
246 Replies
brendan_g
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thanks @LeoWyatt89 I genuinely can't recall having smarthings  - I thought we'd set art up on the tv itself, but perhaps not - regardless I've now reinstalled on the iphone, connected to TV, followed the instructions above and the CEC / Art mode issue persists. 

I have also followed all the pages of instructions below, including disabling/re-enabling Anynet+ and the ATV and rebooting both devices.

Basically, if you turn off your ATV (or CEC enabled device) the screen goes to 'Check Device Power', rather than Art Mode. I think I've realistically sunk about 5 hours into trying various combinations of settings to no avail. 

Given the sheer number of people around the world experiencing this issue on a range of devices, not just ATV, I expect this must be a firmware issue. We did not change anything on our setup, which had been working for 2 years, and the TV began doing this after an auto-update. 

Thanks

nagged
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi, I've reset my TV and re-add it to SmartThings app before the update, but after the update seems that this problem is solved. Need to do some testing more. BUT one thing that is definitely not working well is the motion detection, if the TV is off it used to turn on ArtMode when detecting some movement, but that seems to not be working so well in my 43''. Will do some more testing and provide my experience.

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs
0 Likes
Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Done this over and over again. No fix. Also reset to factory done. Firmware 14xx worked perfectly fine.

0 Likes
Myheyzeus
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the latest 43" frame TV. Some things to know: you cannot update tv if on YouTube as when you go to the menu it will be greyed out. You should open home app to do it which will annoyingly start Samsung tv app (again) playing. You must be on wifi to pair TV. My connection was LAN so I had to change it. I did what you said, but my TV was already updated to newest firmware 1602. As for someone on the thread who said you need Samsung smart things app to start art store, you do not. I had set mine up without connecting TV to app. Coincidentally, if memory serves me, I did add my TV to Samsung frame app about same time the firmware (2 versions ago) was released and started wrecking havoc. Which do you think caused it, the app, or the firmware or both?
I guess I also need to keep it on wifi? I will keep you updated.

***update... Tv turned itself on again to Samsung tv app after 30 mins. This is not a solve for me.

0 Likes
Sigurros11
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue it will go into art mode once Apple TV goes to sleep but after a few seconds it goes into check device for connection before this new update it never did that so 100% latest Samsung update broke that feature 

el16
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Maybe im stupid! But how do i turn my frame completely off? I’ve finally  downloaded the lastest version - do think the art mode works now. Is the only opportunity to turn the tv off to set art mode to deactivate after eg. 5 min, 15 min…?

0 Likes