JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apple TV remote no longer activates Art Mode after update 1520

(Topic created: 09-21-2023 06:41 PM)
Members_oMjMCoX
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Update 1520 caused a compatibility issue with Apple TV and Art Mode. Prior to this update, the system worked seamlessly: pressing the power button on the Apple TV remote activated Art Mode without any issues. Also, Art Mode would automatically be activated 15 minutes through Apple TV power off settings. However, after the update, pressing the Apple TV power button or auto power off option no longer trigger Art Mode and instead prompt an error message.

Furthermore, it is alarming to note that I had disabled the automatic update option on the TV to prevent potential issues, yet the TV was still updated the following day, rendering Art Mode incompatible with Apple TV.

Despite extensive troubleshooting efforts, which included experimenting with various settings on the Frame TV, performing a factory reset and even purchasing a brand-new Apple TV, the only result achieved was the once-a-day activation of Art Mode by the Apple TV, followed by recurring error messages.

During a conversation with Supervisor Christopher on 9/15/23, I was informed that the TV is deemed fully operational and that I would incur charges if a technician were dispatched to investigate the issue. Regardless of multiple attempts to find a solution through tech support, the created tickets led absolutely nowhere.

Art Mode, the reason I bought the Frame TV for, no longer works as when I purchased it.

ATTEMPT 1: APPLE TV REMOTE POWER OFF

1.jpg

ART MODE ACTIVATED BY APPLE TV REMOTE

2.jpg

ATTEMPT 2: APPLE TV REMOTE POWER OFF

3.jpg

ART MODE FAIL

4.jpg

UPDATE 9/22: Samsung Product Support contacted me this morning and assured me that there will be another update soon which will take care of this issue. I am convinced this is true because our conversation was very different than with the other techs. I wanted to let everyone know that the fix is coming soon! I am so glad I decided to post yesterday as the right person contacted me. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
lsurei
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

UPDATE: Samsung Product Support contacted me and assured me that there will be another update soon, which will take care of this issue. This is great to hear, thank you!

View solution in context

7 Replies
Marlboromen
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

So frustrated by this!

0 Likes
Solution
lsurei
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

UPDATE: Samsung Product Support contacted me and assured me that there will be another update soon, which will take care of this issue. This is great to hear, thank you!

chatept
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

i hope so.  There are so many threads reporting the same thing and somehow the threads disappear as if samsung support deletes them.  ðŸ¤”

retire51
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Many thanks for your post and findings....I've been also pulling my hair out with this.  My response to Apple TV remote off...is either the Apple screensaver, or mostly, the error message "No Signal", similar to yours.  I hope this Samsung update comes soon.  Tech's I spoke to also hadn't acknowledged this problem.  I had talked with Sonos as well.  Thank you!!

0 Likes
Members_oMjMCoX
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

You're welcome! I'm sorry this was frustrating for you and that no one from Samsung helped, I'm all too familiar with this! I'm very disappointed with the samsung customer service, I called and chatted several times with them for about a month, all a waste of time! It took a negative review plus this post to get the right person to take action. 

Please just have a little more patience because they will push that other update which will bring things back to normal! 

0 Likes
Slapppy
Galaxy
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Where can we post the negative review?

0 Likes
Members_oMjMCoX
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just reviewed the tv itself, although the tv was not the problem, the 1520 update was! I'm trying now to edit my review, but of course I cannot so they are stuck with my 1 star... It's a shame because I tried contacting customer service many times before to have this resolved, and they told me they had escalated my issue, that they will follow up, this and that and nothing happened until my 1 star review. Other than this little hiccup, I love my Frame TV!