JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN90A 65inch firmware

(Topic created: 11-16-2021 03:59 AM)
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just purchased a QN90A 65 inch TV. Firmware updated when I set it up to version 1805 via its Internet connection. Samsung web site shows version 1808 for download. The TV checks for updates and says no update available right now. I downloaded the 1808 firmware and expanded to a blank thumb drive. When I check for updates with the USB drive inserted. TV checks the Internet then searched the USB drive and says no update files found on the drive. I made sure I followed the USB drive setup instructions and placed the file in the root of the drive and the folder are named as shown. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. For now I will just let the TV check automatically for updates via the Internet. Any suggestions?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

The 1808 version is the UK version of the update.  We advise against attempting to download updates from a different region it could potentially cause the television to malfunction.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Oh no!  Are you still having trouble with the update?  Is the firmware the only file on the thumb drive?  If not, make sure that it's the only file on the drive and try updating it again.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Still having the issue. Firmware is only file on the drive as you say. Did it a number times. Downloaded the instructions with the firmware. Followed to the letter. Still says no firmware files found.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Could you please provide the full model code for your television from the label on the back?

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

QN65QN90AAFXZA QN90A 65inch [edit]

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thank you for the information, regrettably, I am showing the current version available on the website- https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/?model=N0054535&modelCode=QN65QN90AAFXZA as Version 1805.4, we apologize for any confusion. 

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
cef2lion
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

The 1808 version is the UK version of the update.  We advise against attempting to download updates from a different region it could potentially cause the television to malfunction.

0 Likes