Original topic:

QN95B color washed out/ local dimming not working after changing sources

(Topic created: 03-17-2024 02:29 AM)
orangbulu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi Everyone,

​I have a QN95B on the latest 1622 firmware (but I have had this problem on the previous firmware).

When I first on the TV on SDR with my Nvidia Shield, everything works well, and in the Nvidia homescreen, the background is black. However once I change to my PS5 and game for 15-30 minutes or so, and switch it back to my Shield, the color looks faded/ brightness elevated. The background that was supposed to be black suddenly becomes brighter as if the HDMI black levels are wrong. Also the local dimming on my shield in both HDR and SDR content is almost non existent. any scene with a bright spot causes a very noticeable blooming, which is non existent when i first on my shield.

​I would appreciate it if anyone could guide me to troubleshoot this. I have already tried resetting the TV. Is it a bug with game mode that is causing this? Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
orangbulu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So a Samsung technician came over and replaced my motherboard, which fixed the issue. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
orangbulu
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

So a Samsung technician came over and replaced my motherboard, which fixed the issue.