JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Q70A Bluetooth pairing crash with sony headset wh-1000xm4

(Topic created: 12-09-2022 09:45 AM)
plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi, for around a week now, I can no longer pair my Bluetooth headset Sony wh-1000xm4 with my Samsung TV Q70A. I was using the headset nearly daily even though it was not perfect, it was working. 

Now, each time I try to pair with the TV, I select the device, and it starts the pairing process just when I think it is working; the pairing crash on the Sony and the device is no longer paired.

STR:

• Open the TV, go to SmartThing's quick menu, and I can see wh-1000xm4
  • I hold the pairing button on the Sony until I hear 'bluetooth paring'
  • On TV (SmartThing's quick menu), I select the wh-1000xm4
  • I see the TV writing connecting, then connected
  • In the Sony headset, I hear 'Bluetooth pair....'. and then crash
  • The crash seems to be the voice staled at the end of the word paring saying 'ingggggggggggg'

The sony works well on other devices like computers (windows, mac) or bose speakers and phones (android, iPhone), so I guess something changes on the TV.

Please, I know SmartThing is a different department, but please be smart and forward it internally not to make me waste my time

I have found a workaround, it is not working 100%  of the time but often:

• Hold the power button of the TV remote so it close and also restart while still pressing the button
  • Pair the headset right away
  • Open Netflix after
  • I was able to pair it 3 times yet this way.

Second workaround (faster than the first, credit to @TargetPriority there

1. Go to setting > General > Accessibility > multi audio output
  2. Click on Multi-output Audio if nothing is appearing
  3. Select you bluetooth device then click connect
  4. Audio work in the bluetooth device

Note: The only disadvantage is that you can't use the TV remote for the headphones' volume control 

Thansk also to @vustinas that shared it even before but did not saw it!

In conclusion, if you also encounter the problem, please escalate it to Samsung support; the more users report it, the more it will get attention!!!!

@Communityuser3049203 By counting US & CA post, we have around 40 persons reporting this issue, can we have any help on this? Or any statement or update?

Reported Sony model related to this problem:

• WH-1000XM5
  • WH-1000xm4
  • WH-XB910N
  • WF-1000XM4 (Fixed with Sony firmware update (v2.0.0)
  • WH-CH720N

Other TV model affected:

• AU800055
  • AU9000
  • QE55Q60AAUXXH
  • q800
  • 55Q80A
  • QE55Q80AATXXH
  • 90AA85
  • QN65Q80
  • QN75
  • QN900A
  • QE65QN90AATXXH
  • QN94aa

Last update (Feb 3): Sorry guys, I spoke with support 4-5 times, always the same result, they escalated to a higer team said I will have response after 5 days and I'm left to hangup on waiting for replies. Samsung, I lost faith in you, if only you would let my effort knows it is taking into fixing the problem I would consider contnuing buying your product, now I start feeling you are not worth it. This is the last time I put effort enhancing Samsung experience.

BTW, support is making a joke of redirect me to a clear your cookie image when I tried to push for more information. This is a disgrace!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, Everyone. Thank you for the feedback regarding these symptoms. While we cannot guarantee compatibility with third-party headphones or devices, we can try a few things to try to alleviate some of the stress. Make sure that whatever device you are attempting to pair to the TV is in pairing mode. If it is, and your TV still can't discover the device, a factory reset is needed.  Once that is completed, you should be able to connect your devices to the TV. You can check out the following link for pairing devices (if needed): https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00079347/.

If the headphones are the only devices that won't pair to the TV, but other things can be connected then it's a matter of compatibility and not a bluetooth issue within the TV. If nothing connects to the TV, then the TV will require service.  Y
ou have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

72 Replies
Bsumile
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here, just started recently too. Perhaps some sort of recent upgrade is causing it?

yalmulla
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here. Not buying Samsung anymore.

@Communityuser3049203, I literally can't use my ($2000) TV anymore. It's mounted and too loud for my apartment neighbor at night. I work during the day. I have one nice pair of bluetooth headphones, the Sony WH-1000XM4's. If I can't use them with your TV, I can't use your TV. I'm not spending another $X00 just to get a pair of headphones that work with your TV. And if I can't use your TV because you won't fix this, I'm never buying Samsung again.

Fix this. It's your problem, not Sony's. The headphones have never failed with 20+ other products; your TV has now failed with 1/3 of the products I've connected to it.

How do we escalate?

plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

To escalate, you can go to samsung.com or samsung.ca and use the chat on the bottom right. You can also search on google for Samsung support. During the call or chat, ask to escalate to the developer, so they fix it.

plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I suspect the firmware 2111.1 does so. I escalated to their support team, they said I would get an answer in around 3 days...

Update: I request an update again and still waiting for their response.

tomkzufomsg
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
My QN900A installed this update and my Bose bluetooth headphones quit working properly, fuzzy Distortion. Have spent all afternoon with techs and gotten nowhere. Hope they figure this out soon
plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

FYI, I had time-to-time distortion with the Sony headset in the past but rarely. Now it is more of a pairing crash that is always there unless I use my workaround steps below. However, I would not be surprised that the firmware had more side effects and it is affecting your Bose like you are seeing

tomkzufomsg
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Their support just now told me they cannot find anything on here about this. I'm the third one with this issue since the update at least but they said we're not reliable sources. I've taken a snapshot of that also, so I'm actually not as optimistic about any resolution anytime soon. I hope I'm wrong
plum117
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

For anyone having the trouble I seem to have found some workaround:

• Hold the power button of the TV remote so it close and also restart while still pressing the button
  • Pair the headset right away
  • Open Netflix after
  • I was able to pair it 3 times yet this way.

Update: workaround not always 100% working but better than never working!

Kjanssens
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue, right after my Sony mx4 would not connect anymore I got the message: firmware update done... I already feared a crappy update from Samsung 😞

Additionally  my software update option is greyed out now ... I hope I can update to a newer version that fixes this