JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buzzing Noise from Samsung Netflix App

(Topic created: 05-06-2020 09:28 AM)
userH6GzoeVYO0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

We just bought a QLED Q80T TV and set it up yesterday. There is a terrible buzzing noise when using the built in Netflix app. It makes it impossible to watch. I've read that this is due to a firmware update from Samsung. When will there be a fix for this??? Makes me want to return this TV and go with a different brand! I've tested Netflix using our old Apple TV box and it works fine. So it's definitely the app that comes pre-loaded with the TV.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
useroxoBSGuQPh
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

The buzzing is regardless of the sound output. I have done it with and without the soundbar. With the volume turned all the way down, you still hear it.

It is any time the Netflix app or Ambient Mode is active. The pitch of the noise definitely changes dependent on the brightness of the content on the screen. I opted to not go through the hassle of returning and repurchasing the TV because it sounds like there is a good chance the new one would just do the same thing.

0 Likes
userT97c25czT6
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same issue here. Q80T, first day using it, and hear the buzzing sound from the native Netflix app. No issue when using Netflix through my Roku. 

Samsung, please fix this. 

0 Likes
usercA2Ubgtda1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Same here, 75 inch Q80T

Buzzing/Coil Whine in netflix app, or when I'm in game mode when Running Xbox One X or PS4.

This is really annoying for this level of TV.

0 Likes
userLaVMOpJIK1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hey All, 

Recently purchased this TV from my local store in Sydney Australia and I also have this annoying issue. Only happens when using the built in netflix app. I was tinkering around and noticed that when you enable the Led clear motion setting the noise disappears. Enabling this however drastically reduces the screen brightness. Hopefully a firmware fix comes in soon. This definitely is unacceptable for this level of TV.  

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Thank you for reaching out! This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userUgvnIg940B
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

So Samsung is silant on the actual issue, but makes a post when a user posts to the wrong forum? That is NOT a good look!

userLaVMOpJIK1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

Hi there,

Regardless of where I am in the world this issue appears to be on Samsung Q80ts around the world. There is also no forum page on the Australian Website so I come here as a last resort. Glad to see so many users have reported this issue so hopefully you guys actually do something about it instead of tell me where I should and should not be posting.

usermhWegPwzj1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I have the same issue while using the Netflix app. Every other app doesn't do this. I contacted Samsung and they're sending a technician. But, I feel like they will be unable to fix the issue. 

0 Likes
userxB8TCAktDF
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just bought the Samsung Q80T on July 1, 2020 and have the same issue with the built in Netflix app AND Ambient Mode. It's insane that this hasn't been resolved yet. It's definitely something that makes the primary content we watch unusable as well as one of the main selling features of this TV, Ambient Mode. It would be terrible for even a cheap TV to have this issue, never mind an expensive one like this. If you haven't bought it yet, think twice before buying this TV. This isn't the only surprise issue I've had in two days of owning it. 

0 Likes
usertJmdgIJ6wx
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame TVs

I just had my panel replaced due to a banding issue, and i have just discovered that I have this coil whine issue too when opening the native netflix app. The coil whine doesnt occur on any other app including live TV. Potentially this may be an issue with the latest updates as the new panel that I received has ver 1301.4 whereas my old panel which didnt have the coil whine was ver 1115.5.

edit: i should note that I have a 75" Q80T

0 Likes