JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Biometrics Require Password too Frequently to Unlock Phone or Tablet or To Access Secure Folder

(Topic created: 05-18-2023 07:40 AM)
Members_JOUGB6g
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I think 72 hours is too short a timeframe to require a password to be entered.  I think it should be an optional period of time, say 3-30 days set by the user. 

I think it's more likely that someone will see you type your password over your shoulder than steal your fingerprint, but if it's a user defined option, customers could do what they think is best. 

I understand the password can be masked, but if you have a very strong password sometimes it's necessary to unmask to see what you type.

I hope Samsung will consider making this change.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
What device?

I never have to enter a password unless I restart or turn off/on my phone. Been true with both my old s10+ and now s23 Ultra.
0 Likes
Members_JOUGB6g
Asteroid
Options

Galaxy S22+ and Galaxy Tab S8.  Android v13.  OneUI v5.1 on both.

I have my devices set to lock after 5 minutes of non-use.  After it locks, when I go to wake it up, I have to enter my Biometric or Device Passcode. 

Once I enter my Biometric, after 72 hours it requires the passcode.  Ditto for Samsung Knox Secure Folder.  When it prompts for the Passcode, there is a "learn more" that explains the 72 hour window.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Yeah, I can see that in Settings too now. I must not be bothered by having to enter it every 72 hours and didn't notice, or the fact that I'm retired and I'm at home, with my home set as a safe place in Smart Lock and don't need to unlock my phone when here, is the answer for me.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes