JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 12-10-2017 01:49 PM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
TheSean
Nebula
Options

Hello, @Giman2

I'm still able to use my camera voice commands with Bixby active. What command were you trying to use? 

Also, when you disabled Bixby, did you do it by installing a third party app? 

0 Likes
usercuexiJ0dbh
Astronaut
Options
I tried repeatedly to turn on voice command on my camera, but I get the message "Can't use Voice control while Bixby Voice wake-up is on. I need the camera voice control more than I need Bixby! Help.
Solution
Options

This should be able to be fixed pretty quickly. To disable Bixby wake-up simply go to:

1. Bixby Home
  2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap on Voice wake-up
  5. Disable Voice wake-up

You should be able to use your voice commands in the camera app once you've disabled this. Let me know when you've done this. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
If I disable Bixby wake-up I lose one of the more important functions of the phone. My question was why cant I have both. It takes too much time to say "Hi Bixby....capture a photo...." then wait for a response....then wait for action every time I want to take a picture. I used to just open the camera and say "capture....capture...capture" to take 3 photos in a row.
usercqxcZWxSMq
Astronaut
Options

A solution would be a setting that allows you to use hi bixby to launch the camera and then say capture to take a picture.

This isn't a solution.

It's barely a work-around because it needs to be done every time you want to use one or the other function. 

In fact it forces you to only use one or the other. 

What other programs and features are dissabled by using hi bixby?

Will Samsung be creating a fix for this?

usertlAPFLwRuI
Constellation
Options

There is no option to disable Bixby under irs settings it only shows your email cards notifications privacy and about Bixby. It does not allow you to disable it I even tried to turn down the volume on Bixby and it still is active I prefer to use my commands on my camera over Bixby

0 Likes
usersX3GcU2yL3
Constellation
Options

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

This should be able to be fixed pretty quickly. To disable Bixby wake-up simply go to:

1. Bixby Home
  2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap on Voice wake-up
  5. Disable Voice wake-up

You should be able to use your voice commands in the camera app once you've disabled this. Let me know when you've done this. Thanks!

When going to bixby home and press the three dots and tap settings, I dont have an option that is called voice wake-up anyone else have a solution???

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

@usersX3GcU2yL3, can you please provide me with the model number of your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
usersX3GcU2yL3
Constellation
Options

SM-N960F/DS

0 Likes