JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bixby "wake phone" function disables camera voice commands. Why?

(Topic created: 09-22-2019 02:50 PM)
Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why in the world would Samsung disable voice commands for the camera if you configure bixby to wake your phone. S-Voice never did that. If anything Bixby should at least have the exact functionality but add configurable commands. I really want to like Bixby, but everytime I start to discover it, I find it impracticle. I have had to disable Bixby and use Google assistant instead. $1000 for a phone that does not work. They are doing the same things Apple did that caused me to stop buying the Iphone. 

71 Replies
userxDBakd3Yy6
Constellation
Options

There is no voice wake up in my 3 button drop down. Is there somebody out there that really knows how to disable Bixby wake up so I can use the voice on my camera.

0 Likes
user8Waegea5TG
Astronaut
Options

That doesn’t work for my note 9 .... I don’t have a voice wake up as a choice to disable!  This is troubling.  🤨🧐 I hope a fix is in the works!!

0 Likes
userhiXUzZmPoE
Astronaut
Options

So I'm very confused because I did exactly what was on here and there is no place on the screen on my phone does it say Voice Wake Up? Is there any other solution for this problem

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

@userhiXUzZmPoE Some features can vary by phone , carrier and region. What model phone do you have?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJNZrlymTLY
Constellation
Options

This solution does not work. The option for voice wake-up is not on my screen!

0 Likes
userGo7K0TKHug
Constellation
Options

@SamsungTrevor wrote:

This should be able to be fixed pretty quickly. To disable Bixby wake-up simply go to:

1. Bixby Home
  2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap on Voice wake-up
  5. Disable Voice wake-up

You should be able to use your voice commands in the camera app once you've disabled this. Let me know when you've done this. 

#########

There is no voice wakeup setting to turn off. Still can't use voice commands for pictures.Screenshot_20191018-094624_Bixby Home.jpg
How you fix it then?

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Try the steps in this link: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/Turning-off-Bixby-voice-wake-up-when-t...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userhZKDc0JiCK
Constellation
Options
Spoiler
I have the same problem. I have disabled Bixby,  uninstalled all updates and cannot use voice command for camera.  Disappointing  .
0 Likes
user9UDMBHy3MN
Constellation
Options

Want camera  voice  command back.

0 Likes
user9UDMBHy3MN
Constellation
Options

@usercuexiJ0dbh wrote:
I tried repeatedly to turn on voice command on my camera, but I get the message "Can't use Voice control while Bixby Voice wake-up is on. I need the camera voice control more than I need Bixby! Help.

Want camera  voice  command back.