JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blue dot text message by contact

(Topic created: 03-02-2020 07:22 AM)
userXtsgcad5Ta
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does anybody know what the blue dot Is on the icon next to the person's name in the text message app? Only shows there. Only on select contacts.

107 Replies
Members_A8GOPMm
Constellation
Options

I want to remove this blue dot. It is only on one of my 96 contacts. I also dont want to know when this person reads my messages

0 Likes
user07l5wrAhcb
Astronaut
Options

It's not the same carrier as in ATT OR Verizon, it's the same brand and type of phone on my messages. It only shows the blue for on the S10+ on mine. My son has a Samsung as well as Multiple others in my family, it only shows the blue for on the people with the same S10+ as me. 

userXD7kyeg9gm
Constellation
Options

My wife and I have two  different phones and she has a blue dot,  and my daughter who i have the exact phone does not. 

0 Likes
BEE11
Asteroid
Options

It's actually "Advanced messaging" 

So whoever's has that enabled on their samsung/Att phone. It will show u. I tested it out with a few of my family members and sure enough it was it. When I turned it off the blue dot went away and when I turned it on. I can see all the blue dots and they can see mine. 

userXD7kyeg9gm
Constellation
Options

@BEE11 wrote:

So whoever's has that enabled on their samsung/Att phone. It will show u. I tested it out with a few of my family members and sure enough it was it. When I turned it off the blue dot went away and when I turned it on. I can see all the blue dots and they can see mine. 

Dead on,  thanks for figuring it out.  Turned mine off and on and it worked...

userzt1rmC0aEz
Constellation
Options

How di you turn it off and on? 

0 Likes
userz1zjGxm3YK
Constellation
Options

@BEE11 wrote:

lets say I can see the blue dot on my phone by their name, would it still show that dot on my phone, if the other person turned there advance messaging off? @BEE11 

userF4DHMtf5lg
Constellation
Options

It is for which contacts you can make VIDEO CALLS to through the STANDARD CALLING APP.  I have 7 phones on my plan, 3 are S9 plus 2 are note 10 plus. 4 of us have the blue dot and can video chat, my daughter has a note 10 plus UNLOCKED VERSION  hers does not have the blue dot and we CANT VIDEO CHAT THROUGH THE STANDARD CALLING APP .... we can only video chat through messenger.  Because of that I am trading her phone in for the S20 carrier version. I didnt know that the unlocked versions didnt offer video calling, that software comes from the carriers and they cant add it for you and I dont want to add it myself. SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, THE BLUE DOT MEANS YOU CAN VIDEO CHAT WITH YOUR CONTACT REGARDLESS IF YOU ARE AT&T AND THEY ARE TMOBILE OR IF YOU HAVE A NOTE 10 AND THEY HAVE AN S9.

userrQky1nvzZR
Astronaut
Options
0 Likes
userXDGuwlozhh
Constellation
Options

Its been answered people,

read "CLF" pg1

and to turn it on/off read "Bee11" pg2