JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry pics when received in text

(Topic created: 05-31-2024 05:19 AM)
Carol78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

My husband and I both have samsung s24 phones.  As of three days ago, the pics we text to each other are all of a sudden blurry.  How can I fix this?

Carol

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I assume this is being sent via text message? I recommend opening your text app (I assume Google messages, the default app). Click on your profile -> messages settings -> RCS chats and ensure it is on. This will allow texts to go over data instead of the old SMS system.

Next, in messages settings... uncheck "send photos faster" which will send a higher resolution photo.

Ensure this is all done on both phones to ensure you are both using the same settings.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Can you post some examples so we can see the issue?
0 Likes
Carol78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

1000005238.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
Solution
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I assume this is being sent via text message? I recommend opening your text app (I assume Google messages, the default app). Click on your profile -> messages settings -> RCS chats and ensure it is on. This will allow texts to go over data instead of the old SMS system.

Next, in messages settings... uncheck "send photos faster" which will send a higher resolution photo.

Ensure this is all done on both phones to ensure you are both using the same settings.
0 Likes
Carol78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you so much.  That worked beautifully!

0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Good to hear!
0 Likes
ppaula
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm using text messages and don't see those settings. All of a sudden when am iphone send me a photo it's blurry
0 Likes
betancd
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
That's because iphone doesn't "yet" support RCS. Iphone uses the older SMS standard when communicating with any phone other than iphone. If you want high quality photos sent from iphone to android, they have to send it to you by different means such as WhatsApp, Google photos or something else
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Carol78 How are you sending them? If you are near each other, use QuickShare. Then you will get full resolution photos. 

0 Likes
Carol78
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

We are usually sending between work and home so more than 10 miles.  

0 Likes