JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Camera shots - motion vs still pics

(Topic created: Tuesday)
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Hello, 

I thought I mentioned this in a previous post only I couldn't find it, so I'm putting new one up 

So, still pics taken with the camera now has the default set as "motion." This means it somehow starts "recording" even before you tap the shutter button- pretty remarkable tech.

In order to rid the "motion" and keep just a still pic it must be done manually in Gallery. I looked in camera settings to see if I can opt out of the motion and just keep the still like it used to have the first time around, but there's no such option I could see.

because "motion" is set by default wanted to see what the difference was in the size of the file- it's quite a bit, in my opinion. 

Just for the hey of it I wanted to compare the file size between the motion and still, and boy it does add up. In 1 pic I chose, the motion was 5.3 megs and the still pic was 2.17, which is 3.3meg difference. To me that's huge when it's across a lot of pics. It doesn't save it as 2, but it saves it as the motion at the higher file.

**** The long and short of it- does anyone that's aware of this have a workaround to change the default to still pic only? If not, in order to concert motion to still, if anyone like me wants to, it has to be done one-by-one, and that is a lot of work!

PS... One thing I've noticed over the past 2 decades is that app, Et al creators aren't looking to shrink or otherwise use the smallest possible file to still get the desired results. I think that has everything to do with the evolution of ginormous storage abilities. Updates to these apps and stuff are incredibly big- sometimes larger than the original file. Lol. I'm just a user, nothing else 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

@JoJo4360 You have accidently enabled motion photos. You can turn this off by clicking this icon in the Camera Screenshot_20240625_173053_Camera.jpg

When it is yellow, motion photo is ON. If you click it, it will turn white and motion photo will be OFF. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@JoJo4360 You have accidently enabled motion photos. You can turn this off by clicking this icon in the Camera Screenshot_20240625_173053_Camera.jpg

When it is yellow, motion photo is ON. If you click it, it will turn white and motion photo will be OFF. 

0 Likes
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Yea! Thank you very, very much. Great
JoJo4360
Galaxy
Options
Geesh, I never noticed that was even there. And I thought I was pretty observant. 😆