Original topic:

Can ́t start Samsung DeX as a guest

(Topic created: 04-30-2022 03:25 AM)
JukaSung
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi,

After opening the second user account for the Samsung Tab S7 I connected it to the Samsung Keyboard. To my surprise, I keep getting messages that the DeX mode can not be activated for the second user. I´ve seen on this forum that this issue was raised two years ago already. Is it possible that this simple topic (as it seems to me) can not be resolved? If there is the solution to this problem, I would be happy to get feedback. Many thanks

0 Likes
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
How did you open the second account?
0 Likes
JukaSung
Asteroid
Options

Hi, I did it on the standard way: https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/how-to-add-additional-user-accounts-to-my-galaxy-t...

The second account is operational. But it can not be used in the DeX mode, that is the issue

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
The link is not available
JukaSung
Asteroid
Options
  1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Accounts and backup.
  3. Tap Users.
  4. Tap Add user or profile.
  5. Tap User.
  6. Tap OK to accept the information about adding a user.
  7. Tap Set up now. The tablet will switch to the new user account and the default lock screen will appear.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Settings
Apps
Show system app
Search for dex
Clear data of all related apps
0 Likes
JukaSung
Asteroid
Options

Hi TheGalaxy, thanks, but this is not the solution to the issue with DeX mode for two users on one device

Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

DeX does not support multiuser.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
JukaSung
Asteroid
Options

Hi Bill-e, thanks for your reply. That means that the Galaxy Tab series is not a true multiuser device.