JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

TV and You Community? help

(Topic created: 12-27-2023 03:02 PM)
Iangabriel
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Registered and now I cant find anything with information anywhere. Has anyone successfully signed up and what is it exactly. TIA

0 Likes
22 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Iangabriel After registering you will be sent a tablet. The tablet is essentially a logging device. The tablet detects what it thinks that you are watching and asks for your confirmation. The tablet is usable only for this. 

In return, monthly you get Samsung points awarded to your account. You can use these points for purchases on Samsung.com

allenaltl
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
What happens if we don't return the tabelt?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
They will probably brick the tablet, so that it is unusable.
0 Likes
Master2uAll88
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recently signed up for the Samsung TV and you program where they pay you like 70 bucks a month to monitor what you're watching on TV and they send you a 8-in little tablet which is all fine and dandy but I am OCD about making sure every single thing is completely updated app wise and for some reason after setting this up and connecting it to the TV I can't get back to the home screen for the I can't get back to the home screen for the life of me. When I hit the power button and hold it it says to restart or exit Pro kiosk mode and it's asking for a passcode to exit it but I don't have a passcode? Anyone know what I'm talking about has anyone had problems with this before dealt with it in any way and if so can anyone help me with this?. I shouldn't have to just be forced to use the tablet just to record everything that we're watching that could have been done by some little USB dongle I would assume therefore I'm not being able to use the tablet for anything other than letting it set there Underneath It TV which is really annoying and dumb to me. Thanks in advance

LongHiker
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@Master2uAll88 That is exactly the way it should work. The tablet is only to be used to record your viewing. Therefore it is locked into the TV and You application. 

Master2uAll88
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
I understand that but I can't get to the main settings to make sure it's completely updated with the software Android version all updates and I can't get it to connect correctly through there and that's why I want to know how to get to the main screen so I can update everything because I don't want to sit there and have to do inputs of every show I watched all through the entire month when it's supposed to automatically do it on its own and it's not
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Samsung through MDM will ensure that it gets the appropriate updates.

Sorry, but that is the way it works. It makes a guess, and you have to confirm. It doesn't automatically do it on its own.
Master2uAll88
Galaxy
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Well then I'll just have to revert to my 25 plus years of computer technology education and use that to hack it and go into what I need to get into them
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
Doing this will breach the agreement you made when receiving/setting up the tablet.