JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Change the name of Bixby to Sammy.

(Topic created: 08-01-2024 01:54 PM)
userXVZbB2lZSC
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Can we please change the name of Bixby to Sammy. Bixby is such a dumb name and does not flow from the tongue in a way that you want to say. Sammy ties to Samsung and rolls off the tongue so much better. PLEASE MAKE THE CHANGE. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userXVZbB2lZSC https://news.samsung.com/global/bixby-101-get-to-know-the-ins-and-outs-of-samsungs-intelligent-inter....

Also the names are chosen because they are linguistic combinations which are not in normal speech. 

View solution in context

8 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
The whole point of bixby being called that is that almost no one is actually named that, so the "alexa" problem where saying someone's real name triggers the device wouldn't happen as much. Naming it "sammy" would fly in the face of this as that's a fairly common name and nickname.
The_Chief
Comet
Options
I think people named their dog Bixby. In the 1950s 😁
0 Likes
userXVZbB2lZSC
Asteroid
Options
It need to be a name that people want to say. I'm sure they had a point to Bixby but it's a terrible name because nobody wants to say it. Very similar to how Bing is a problematic name. Nobody ever said Bing it.
0 Likes
userXVZbB2lZSC
Asteroid
Options
Saying Hey Sammy is not that common. Also, Sammy is not a common nickname globally.
0 Likes
Options
I actually like the name Bixby, tbh. Sounds like a helpful butler.
Solution
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userXVZbB2lZSC https://news.samsung.com/global/bixby-101-get-to-know-the-ins-and-outs-of-samsungs-intelligent-inter....

Also the names are chosen because they are linguistic combinations which are not in normal speech. 

DodgeCity19
Constellation
Options
I'm not a Sammy fan, but I would be a fan of a User Supplied Name feature. It could possibly be done through the Voice Recognition feature. In that way UserXVZb... could have Sammy, and I could have Jude or Joe. :musical_notes:
Options
Im ok with bixby