JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Contacts Custom Label reverted name to default

(Topic created: 05-28-2024 09:00 AM)
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. Whenever I create a new contact, I sometimes change the field name using the Custom field and create a new label name to an appropriate one. 

Lately, when I go to a contact, the Custom field only shows Custom, not the name I created. I don't want to change all of them if they revert to Custom. 

It would be great to know what caused it and prevent it from happening again. 
38 Replies
kprawl
Constellation
Options
This seems to be a bigger problem since it happened to me also. Galaxy S23+
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hey there! I can certainly understand wanting your custom settings to work as they were designed to. I would suggest submitting an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, There. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble - seeing as some have already tested this to see if it was a sync issue and the issue is persisting, please make sure that you have the latest software version for your device (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077582/), and make sure that everyone experiencing this to submits an error report to our engineers to let them be aware of this. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/ 

Just as a shot in the dark, has anyone tried putting their device in Safe mode to see if a third-party application could be the cause of the changing? https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983 

0 Likes
RobNob333
Constellation
Options

This has now happened to my phone. When I check my backup to Google it was updated on 29 Aug 2024.

I have a number of contacts for example at hospital and under that I have a number of customised contacts for specific doctors and treatments.  Now they all show as custom.

Because this update happened at the end of August 2024 it has then gone and updated my Google backup list and they are now all showing as either blanks next to the number in Google, and Custom in my Contacts list on my phone.

Now I do not have a clue what numbers are for which doctors or treatments.

I see this has happened in the past but has never affected me as I have transferred the lists as I have updated my Samsung phone and have never had a problem.  Now with the lastest Samsung update all my custom contacts are **bleep** up.

What is the solution to this ?

0 Likes
Members_Ul360se
Constellation
Options

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note S22 and custom name contacts under one contact, which strangely do the same after a major update. The only way I've found a fix is to sync every time a name change or addition has happened and then utilize the Cloud update. However, I've gotten more involved in deciding if it's truly necessary to oblige doing the update and declining as long as one can. 

0 Likes
BonitaNut
Constellation
Options

July 2024 -
STILL HAPPENING!
I had a software update several days ago.
"Custom" fields are NOT showing anything different than custom.
I do not like this.
Did others find some type of solution at this point?

Thank you.

Hnodot
Constellation
Options
I use labels for different contact phone numbers. They keep getting reset to "CUSTOM". Very aggravating. How can I stop this
userfHvI05IlZq
Constellation
Options

Do any of the Samsung developers read any of these threads?  This was reported more than a year ago, and it's clearly still happening to people!  Myself included on my S22 Plus.  It happened about 3 weeks ago.  

But again, does anyone from Samsung read this?

0 Likes
8advqJU
Constellation
Options
Well, apparently no one from Samsung cares enough about their customers to fix an issue that's been ongoing for over a year and a half!!
0 Likes