Original topic:

Creating a new pin for Samsung Wallet

(Topic created: 09-08-2024 05:05 PM)
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, it is my first time using samsung wallet and i cant create a new pin. When I try to create it just freeze I can't press anything nor go back 

19 Replies
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

I was able to do the clear the cache but the samsung wallet is still freezing when I try to enter a new pin

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Have you tried to enable biometrics and register a fingerprint? You will only need a pin as a backup or if you have no other method of login.
0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

Yes I have  the fingerprint but it still ask me the pin

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Did you never set a pin on your phone? If you did does it work to unlock your phone?
0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

I do have a pin in my phone it is just the Samsung wallet that it doesn't work

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Try uninstalling Samsung wallet and setting it up again. I hav never been asked for a pin on the phone, just my fingerprint. Maybe it doesn't ask me for a pin because I use a password to unlock my phone. ButI was never asked for that either to set up or use the wallet.
0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

Ive already tried to reinstall it but it didn't work.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

I'm seriously out of ideas right now.  I have no idea why SP is freezing upon trying to set a pin. It's been so long since I set up Samsung Pay, that I only vaguely remember being asked to set a pin, as I've used biometrics to use it ever since.  I believe the pin is needed as a backup measure in case fingerprint is either not activated or can't be read for some reason.  Did you go to the app settings to enable fingerprints as verification method, or does the app not let you in at all without first setting a pin?  If you can get to the settings (open app, choose the "all" tab and click the three dot menu at top right) you might be able to backdoor the pin and see if that works.  Choose verification method, make sure the fingerprint slider is on and then see what happens if you choose "change pin" from that same menu.

The only other option would be to make sure you have a current phone backup (which you should) and go nuclear and factory reset the phone and restore your backup.  This, in most cases, will clear up whatever is interfering with causing your screen to freeze while trying to set the pin.

0 Likes
Khadeeja
Asteroid
Options

My problem is still not solve. When I enter the samsung wallet first they ask me to enter the password of my samsung account then for the verification they ask me to use my fingerprint then they ask me to set a pin for samsung wallet but it doesnt work it is just freeze i cant enter number nothing even cant go back i have to close my phone and then open it back so that they reask me for fingerprint and then i can go back but once i put on my fingerprint it can ask me for pin and it doesnt work.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options

You can try contacting the Samsung Wallet team 

For questions or concerns with using the Samsung Pay/Wallet app, please reach out to Samsung Pay at 1-844-726-7297. 

0 Likes